Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #1

Any thoughts on CT Coachworks Siena?

Met some nice folks who might be looking to get off the road. They currently have a 2008 Siena. Nice looking coach with dish washer, full size gas range, residential fridge, stacked washer/dryer and even a trash compactor. On a workhorse chassis and low miles.

Not sure how you get a full size 30" gas range out the door if needed or even the bottom mount refer as well. Anyone have any thoughts on this out of business coach builder?

Thanks...
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #2

Let's have a show of hands for anyone who has never heard of a Siena by CT Coachworks? LOL....neither had I until 2 days ago!
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
I would check the actual weight vs GVWR of the 39' gas rig with all the goodies.

There might not be a lot of CCC wiggle room.

And, I had not focused on a Sienna in the past either.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have had ours for 7 years and it has served us well. CT Coachworks is still in business, just not building Motorhomes for now. They do build luxury limo busses and toy hauler type travel trailers. The company is family owned and operated by Steve Thompson and his wife, in Riverside CA. He and Wendy are great folks.
It also has a residential size shower, a garbage disposal and a king size bed. Heated holding tanks and wet bay. Two 8D AGM batteries and an AGS system.
They made two models of the Siena, V35 and V40.
We chose not to get the washer dryer for more closet space. We are full timers.
I know of four members here that own one.
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:52 PM   #5

A search for "Flounder" may find better information. That's what the coach debuted as. There was quite a bit of discussion about it when it was first introduced about 10 years ago.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I have a 2009 CT Coachworks, Siena 39' on a 2008 workhorse W22 Chassis. I have to say that we love our RV. We bought it used in 2013 with 7,000 miles on it and now have 30,000+ miles on it. Just finished a trip from Southern California to South Carolina and back. It was great to travel in. While on the trip we experienced some problems. Our slide stopped working (wire broken on solenoid), The Ignition switch shorted (found to be a common problem with Workhorse Cassis at 30K miles), ABS Light failure showing that the ABS was not working. I, and my mechanic, have had to work with Workhorse and CT Coachworks to get things repaired. I have found that CT Coachworks (Wendy) are great to work with and willing to help out if she can. However, Workhorse has not be so easy to work with. For the most part they have just blown us off in the service department. It has forced me to do some serious research to get wiring diagrams and other things to fix the problems. I am working with the company that makes the Instrument Cluster to get a replacement. They are great to work with. All in all, our experience has been a good one with the Siena. All RV's need to be repaired. Ours is comfortable and has all of the conveniences that my Wife wants. That is a plus right there. A happy wife is a happy RV life.
McGruer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcGruer View Post
I have a 2009 CT Coachworks, Siena 39' on a 2008 workhorse W22 Chassis. I have to say that we love our RV. We bought it used in 2013 with 7,000 miles on it and now have 30,000+ miles on it. Just finished a trip from Southern California to South Carolina and back. It was great to travel in. While on the trip we experienced some problems. Our slide stopped working (wire broken on solenoid), The Ignition switch shorted (found to be a common problem with Workhorse Cassis at 30K miles), ABS Light failure showing that the ABS was not working. I, and my mechanic, have had to work with Workhorse and CT Coachworks to get things repaired. I have found that CT Coachworks (Wendy) are great to work with and willing to help out if she can. However, Workhorse has not be so easy to work with. For the most part they have just blown us off in the service department. It has forced me to do some serious research to get wiring diagrams and other things to fix the problems. I am working with the company that makes the Instrument Cluster to get a replacement. They are great to work with. All in all, our experience has been a good one with the Siena. All RV's need to be repaired. Ours is comfortable and has all of the conveniences that my Wife wants. That is a plus right there. A happy wife is a happy RV life.

Harold & LInda
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #8

Love my CT Coachworks

Hi, I am a little ol' lady from GA, a full timer and bought my 2007 CT Coachworks last year. Drove it to WA...wonderful trip. Had to put blocks on the gas pedal (4' 9" here) but other than that it was a pleasure to drive. Averaged 8 1/2 mpg thru mountains and flatlands. It is perfect for full time living with all the amenities. I just wish they still made them as I would like to have a newer one soon.

JoAnn
TexLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote