Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anyone been to the Blue Ox factory?

We're thinking of swinging by the Blue Ox facility in Nebraska to get the towbar checked/serviced and look at getting a TruCenter installed. Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, about a factory visit with Blue Ox?
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
You may want to check some of the TruCenter posts. Some of us have had repeated problems. It THINK mine are solved now but it took me two years to get the kinks out.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nick Russell writes a blog. See his website as he recentley wrote about his experience at Blue OX. His website is Gypsy journal.com I think. his article was very favorable about the factory. ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is the link to the Nick russell article on Blue OX factory tour.
Blue Ox Factory Tour » Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been there, plan on returning some day.......

The factory has a very nice little campground just to the west of the plant.. If you have the address of the plant you will find, as you approach, to get to the plant you turn left on a small road for a very short distance (first drive on right)

To get to the campground pass over that road and it's the first drive on the left.

Park, and if business hours hike over to the plant to "Register" and take care of business.. If you are having any work done requiring measurements they will do those on site, then you can pull in to have the work done.

I got there on Thanksgiving night, so only a couple people working on the day following,, But they took care of me on Monday.. You'll like that campground, Nice rates. ($0.00/hight)
Old 06-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #6

Camping available there and they will service your hitch. Pleasant business work with.
jerry41232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I was at the factory several years ago and they fixed my problem for free and added an upgrade at no cost.

I would only buy Blue Ox.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #8

Been there twice and as an old-timer I thought I was doing business 45 years ago. Great company and great products. They do business the old fashioned way-What can we do for YOU!! Don't miss the opportunity. Bob
robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Adint to what the last poster said....I had a special need.. They custom made a hitch adapter to meet that need... While I waited. Very nice company.

I might add.. The original True Center had a problem if you leaned on the push button for too long the solenoid coil burned out.. They were looking and looking for a solution.

I told the employee how I'd solve that problem.

Well, a while later i had a problem that resulted in me shipping my True Center back to Pender... The replacement, when it arrived, had a nice neat little device in the box with instructions on how to add it....... The very solution I suggested.

Guess I should have gotten a signed agreement (Actually.. I'm just happy they replaced the device at no cost).