Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadaThing View Post
We are the proud owners of a 2014 Excursion 33D. I have to take issue with the "bottom of pecking order" comment which sort of implies some sort of low end MH. The 33D Excursion may be the shortest but it by no means indicates a poorer quality or less robust build - something we can attest to after 6000 miles. The 300hp Cummins is more than adequate and from hitting several passes in the rockies this past summer don't see a reason to alter the engine setup since its still delivering 10.5mpg.

Unlike the example video, we are not reembursed nor getting any sort of kickback from FW. I'm also not getting a discounted new MH this year like the couple in the video. The wife and I really like our Excursion and look forward to a long ride.

Word of warning though. If you do buy new, ensure the dealer does ALL of the prep work up front and do a thorough PDI before signing. Our story with our dealer was one nightmares are made of.
thanks, the "D" is what we were looking at also..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #16

We have a 2014 35C with 12,000 miles on it. It is our 3rd DP and have been very unhappy with it and are curren't looking to trade it. Ride is all over road and we have checked tire pressure,added safe Tplus and motion control unit on it. Furnace is loud and has poor vent locations. A/C is also loud in side and out. The have new fan blades you can buy that will help. Check your battery locations and see how you are supposed to see water level or get to cables to change them out. We are having problems with jacks not holding up and willbe going back to dealer for 3rd time for this problem. O yea the dealer had the coach for over 200 days in our 1st 14 months waiting for warrenty aprovels and parts.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #17

2014 excursion

we have 2014 Excursion 35 C with 12,000 miles on it. Power and fuel are fine.Drives all over the road. Tried tire pressure,safe T plus added motion contol units and still wanders. Loft bed is great but no room to get around in rear bedroom.Bathroom and shower are tight. A/C is loud inside and out. They have a new fan blade that is better. Furnace is also loud and has poor vent location. Dealer has had coach 200 days out of 420 and have made 5 trips to facility. MOst of time spent waiting on factory OK's and parts. Dealership is the largest in country and very poor at calling back and updating. We are buying a different brand as we speak.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltsamples View Post
we have 2014 Excursion 35 C with 12,000 miles on it. Power and fuel are fine.Drives all over the road. Tried tire pressure,safe T plus added motion contol units and still wanders. Loft bed is great but no room to get around in rear bedroom.Bathroom and shower are tight. A/C is loud inside and out. They have a new fan blade that is better. Furnace is also loud and has poor vent location. Dealer has had coach 200 days out of 420 and have made 5 trips to facility. MOst of time spent waiting on factory OK's and parts. Dealership is the largest in country and very poor at calling back and updating. We are buying a different brand as we speak.
Hi Walt,

We just bought the same coach. It was a 2014 leftover and our first DP but not our first RV. It's unfortunate you've had such bad experiences with the coach. I was wondering if you could clarify what you meant by it drives all over the road? Have you driven similar coaches and found them better?

I agree with some of your comments regarding the AC and furnace sounds. They are loud, but I can only compare it to my travel trailer which also had in ceiling vented AC and a furnace and would say they are similar.

As far as the interior goes we are pretty pleased with it. We like the table set up as opposed to the traditional dinette that converts to a bed. There are only 3 of us (my wife, 6-year old and me) and the loft bed with the gel foam mattress really works. I agree the bedroom/bathroom is a bit cramped, but not horrible. The shower is bigger than my travel trailer's was and is adequate. That being said, I don't know if the floor plan will work for full timers.

The sleeper sofa is not very comfotable and I plan on swapping it out with a lazy boy love seat recliner at some point in the future

The thing to keep in mind is this is an entry level unit. If and when we get another coach I'm sure we'll have much different view on things after a year or two. The Excursions MSRP is around $200k with a selling price in the $150s. If I were paying double that for an upgraded model I'd certainly be expecting more. I also know that even $300k+ units unfortunately can end up spending lots of time in the shop. Hope you have a better experience with your next RV
Old 02-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #19

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 bunk house diesel pusher, 300hp Cummings with 6spd Allison trans - rides great, and over 18k miles across the country twice and thru every mountain pass you can think of - 11.4 mpg average - I'm happy ! ; )
Old 02-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Many of these answers are purely personal opinion. What I think rides great, the next guy might think the ride is terrible...and vice versa.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #21

I bought a 2015 33D on 1/31/15. This is my first motorhome and my only other RV was a toy hauler TT 10 years ago. I am a bit surprised at how slow it accelerates, but have nothing to compare it to. I have not played with the air in the tires yet. It does seem to hit potholes on bad roads with a real harsh impact. It is wonderful on a smooth road. I really get tense when there is a cross wind. I took a 610 mile shake down trip (305 each way) to Nashville this weekend. All systems were functioning perfectly. Driving home last night was the first time there was smooth roads, no wind and light traffic. I was very comfortable at 60-63MPH and got 9.5 towing a Wrangler Unlimited. I cannot tell a difference in performance towing the Jeep.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmills1975 View Post
I bought a 2015 33D on 1/31/15. This is my first motorhome and my only other RV was a toy hauler TT 10 years ago. I am a bit surprised at how slow it accelerates, but have nothing to compare it to. I have not played with the air in the tires yet. It does seem to hit potholes on bad roads with a real harsh impact. It is wonderful on a smooth road. I really get tense when there is a cross wind. I took a 610 mile shake down trip (305 each way) to Nashville this weekend. All systems were functioning perfectly. Driving home last night was the first time there was smooth roads, no wind and light traffic. I was very comfortable at 60-63MPH and got 9.5 towing a Wrangler Unlimited. I cannot tell a difference in performance towing the Jeep.
We've only done a few short trips so far. Interestingly our first long trip will be to Nashville for a wedding at the end of March. It will be around 700 miles from Orlando. Where did you stay?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
We've only done a few short trips so far. Interestingly our first long trip will be to Nashville for a wedding at the end of March. It will be around 700 miles from Orlando. Where did you stay?
Two Rivers Campground. It was about $50/night for full hook ups and 50 amp. It is close to the Opry and the folks running the place were nice. They helped me find someone that could home me get my Jeep transfer case out of neutral at 5pm on Valentine's Day after the shifter linkage broke.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmills1975 View Post
Two Rivers Campground. It was about $50/night for full hook ups and 50 amp. It is close to the Opry and the folks running the place were nice. They helped me find someone that could home me get my Jeep transfer case out of neutral at 5pm on Valentine's Day after the shifter linkage broke.
We have reservations at Nashville Shores Waterpark Campground. We had heard good things about the place you mentioned, but its all the way on the other side of town from where we will be spending time.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:18 PM   #25
Dazed and Confused

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
2015 Excursion by Fleetwood RV

10,000 lb tow is attractive
Although the hitch is rated at 10k lbs, the coach cannot tow that much. I have a 2014 35B and my calculations come out to around 7200 lbs max with an empty coach. I believe the limiting factor is the transmission. This is a known issue with the Excursion and has been discussed in many of the threads on irv2. I fell for the same sales pitch when I bought my coach but that was a "shame on me" moment because I didn't know how to to calculate the actual tow capability before I purchased. Not a big deal for me as I wont tow more that 7k anyway. Buyers beware!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipNgas View Post
Although the hitch is rated at 10k lbs, the coach cannot tow that much. I have a 2014 35B and my calculations come out to around 7200 lbs max with an empty coach. I believe the limiting factor is the transmission. This is a known issue with the Excursion and has been discussed in many of the threads on irv2. I fell for the same sales pitch when I bought my coach but that was a "shame on me" moment because I didn't know how to to calculate the actual tow capability before I purchased. Not a big deal for me as I wont tow more that 7k anyway. Buyers beware!
Other than the tow rating (which is fine for me and towing my car) how do you like your 35B? There's still a few things were working out on our 2014 35C, but overall I'd say we are satisfied.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #27

X2 here... we are really loving ours... got used to the turbo lag by just gassing it sooner and harder...

she pulls the boat and box trailer with ease...had a couple miner issues but noting to take it in for...

mine rides quiet now, like a great big sedan...went to 275-70-22.5 tires, bilstien shocks and 85 psi on the tires

she tracks straight and un affected by passing trucks..got about 4000 miles of smile out of her so far..luv'n ever minute
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nick, trailer tires 007.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	90255   Click image for larger version

Name:	mh&boat 001.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	90256  

Click image for larger version

Name:	mh&boat 003.jpg