Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #1

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone have experience with Sampson Tires? Good Bad or ugly

We're still working folks with kids at home, so we don't spend lots of miles on the road. Thought about Michelins but way too expensive to sit in the yard or at the lake or small 1000 mile trips.
Looking for any experience with any of the Sampson brand tires- G load rating. Got a quote locally for 6 mounted/balanced $1455.00.
Don't want to waste the money if they are going to fall apart. My current tires are date code 03 and sidewall cracks apparent. (thanks Cliff)
Thanks in advance for suggestions
Ron

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, those chinese tires would amke me really nervous.

I just bought 4 sumitomos... so far so good, aqfter a 4000 mile trip.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
They sale a lot of them.. dont know if good or bad. How many tires do you have? Theres a place in Chicago that will sell them for like $145 ea..

But,

Personally, would go with Double Coin if looking for a good tire on the cheap end.. Thats were I'm headed atm..
Old 07-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All it takes is one blow out and you have wipped out any savings on a cheaper tire. I like to run Michelins on my truck since I have yet to have a problem with a Michelin tire.

Ken
Old 07-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #5

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl
They sale a lot of them.. dont know if good or bad. How many tires do you have? Theres a place in Chicago that will sell them for like $145 ea..

But,

Personally, would go with Double Coin if looking for a good tire on the cheap end.. Thats were I'm headed atm..
Need all 6 and have a spare as well but not sure if I should mess with replacing it since it just sits there. Chicago is a long way away! I'm in Kansas, shipping to here is about 50 bucks per tire.

JimM68 what model 718 or?

TxIceman- thanks, understand and agree with buy American and better tires but asking for experience on the MH. The best price for Michelin XRE was $3300 plus install/ balance/stems,etc.. Still need to pay for the kids college. $4000 dollars worth of tire on a 9k rig- not good math for my small wallet.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Ron. I just googled " Sampson tire problems " and came up with this thread on RV. Net which has two guys stating That they used them and so far no issues. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/26005218.cfm

More research is in order for sure. Maybe there is a middle choice that wouldn't prevent that DD of yours a college education.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #7

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall
Hey Ron. I just googled " Sampson tire problems " and came up with this thread on RV. Net which has two guys stating That they used them and so far no issues. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/26005218.cfm

More research is in order for sure. Maybe there is a middle choice that wouldn't prevent that DD of yours a college education.
Nice to hear- one guy with 6k miles and another with 45k. Still researching though.

Thank you much Cliff, God knows that my DD is going to cost alot! High maintenance but worth every penny(dollar!)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #8

When I was a lad, my father told me to stay away from Mr. &*%*&^, as he was a kook!

Now we buy tires from HanKook!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #9

What American-made tires are left? Thought all tires, all manufacturers now made off-shore. To be sure still American-brands remain..
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights
We're still working folks with kids at home, so we don't spend lots of miles on the road. Thought about Michelins but way too expensive to sit in the yard or at the lake or small 1000 mile trips.
Looking for any experience with any of the Sampson brand tires- G load rating. Got a quote locally for 6 mounted/balanced $1455.00.
Don't want to waste the money if they are going to fall apart. My current tires are date code 03 and sidewall cracks apparent. (thanks Cliff)
Thanks in advance for suggestions
Ron
I bought 6 16" wheels with Michelin LTX M/S mounted & balanced, shipped for 1900.00
Well worth the money and yes they are Made In The USA
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #11

i have been running sampsons for 3 years with no problems
Old 11-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #12

Would this be the same as Samson tires?

Dealer installed P275/70R 22.5 Samson tires (date code Oct 2010) on coach we purchased August 2011. We've put over 9,000 miles on them with no problems.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
ya.. samson. And its an Israeli company..
Old 11-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
ya.. samson. And its an Israeli company..
Man, it's really weird as I did see that too in my searching around the internet, Midniteoyl. However, there's other interesting information about Samson Tire and Rubber too.

Some articles say that it was started in Compton California in 1918 (click here).

And this recent article says that it is part of Guizhou Tyre Corp. of China.

Who knows where the company is headquartered. My hunch is that, today, it is part of Guizhou the truck tire manufacturer and headquartered in China.