Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had the same issue recently. We figured it was a combination of really bad roads coming from Long Island, NY (Cross Bronx Expressway) and leveling at the campground in central Pennsylvania. It took a good number of phone calls to auto glass places to find one in this remote area who did work on trucks and motorhomes. We found one and they came out to the campground. They reset both windshields and said that they have seen this occur many times. I have not had this problem before in the two years we've had the MH.... hopefully it won't happen again.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #16

OUR new to us 2001 Georgetown did this,My friend own a auto glass shop and body work (pro-Auto Glass lake Cumberlland ky.) He fixed mine in a flash Says that a common problem in fact he had two in the shop when fix mine for the same thing.
TRELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #17

Not sure of everyone's driving habits or leveler options. I have learned automatic or manual levelers shouldn't lift anyone corner of your coach more than one inch - and then another corner corresponding to that lift should bring it up an inch. As your coach is leveled all four chassis corners should be lifted to try and continue and level the chassis...do not "twist your chassis". Other issue could be parking for a long time with your coach on a "twisted" plane. If parking coach for a long time - not on levelers - park on flat ground so the coach doesn't settle in a "slightly" twisted position. Lastly - make sure you are driving your coach on level surfaces. when turning corners in campgrounds, driving on roads make sure your tires front and back on the same side of the coach stay on the same plane...Avoid twisiting your coach. Lastly - if neccessary....X-Brace your coach as a last resort. The secret is flat surface and staying it - when driving over something like a curb - both tires should breach the plane at the same time not one at a time....keep the "twist" out of your driving habits.....
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #18

New guy here. Hi all! I Just purchased a 2007 Simba 38STS. The windshield broke when the dealer took it off the leveling jacks. After doing a bit of research, there was a service bulletin issued that adds support to the front roof, but I have yet to hear whether the new owner of Monaco, ATS, will do the right thing and fix a known problem. You'd think that windshields falling out would warrant a high level of attention from the new company owners....I wouldn't want that kind of attention. Has anyone on here had the fix done, and what was covered, or what did it cost?
Thanks, BRN2RDE
Brn2Rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone know if there are more of these type problems with two piece front windshield or one piece front windshield?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brn2Rde View Post
New guy here. Hi all! I Just purchased a 2007 Simba 38STS. The windshield broke when the dealer took it off the leveling jacks. After doing a bit of research, there was a service bulletin issued that adds support to the front roof, but I have yet to hear whether the new owner of Monaco, ATS, will do the right thing and fix a known problem. You'd think that windshields falling out would warrant a high level of attention from the new company owners....I wouldn't want that kind of attention. Has anyone on here had the fix done, and what was covered, or what did it cost?
Thanks, BRN2RDE
Your coach was built by Monaco Coach Corp. Navistar purchased assets of MMC but did not assume any of the liabilities. MMC ceased to exist in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. Since Navistar did not assume any liabilities I would be astounded if ASV was any help.

Are you aware of the "trailing arms" issue with this coach? Look at this web site and then call and talk to Scott about both problems:

http://www.rv-chassis.com/trailing_arm.html
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Your coach was built by Monaco Coach Corp. Navistar purchased assets of MMC but did not assume any of the liabilities. MMC ceased to exist in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. Since Navistar did not assume any liabilities I would be astounded if ASV was any help.

Are you aware of the "trailing arms" issue with this coach? Look at this web site and then call and talk to Scott about both problems:

Source Engineering Inc.
Thanks for the link. It 'looks' like the trailing arm issue was for RD models. Mine is FD, so not sure it applies. Will check further.

As for the windshield issue- NOT covering it is just bad business. Like it or not, they own the brand. It's really a safety thing that ought to be addressed on ALL of the 07-08 Simbas. That service bulletin(with their name on it) should've been a recall that took care of the entirety of the problem, not just the ones that have already been fixed. Leaving what amounts to a dangerous coach on the road cannot be good for business. I get it from a bean counters perspective, but the optics suck. In the day of internet forums, brushing off just a few customers is alot of bad press. Heck, this post thread is over a year old, but shows right at the top for searches for Simba Windshield. Bad press is bad press.
Can you tell I am miffed?
Brn2Rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brn2Rde View Post
NOT covering it is just bad business. Like it or not, they own the brand.
Didn't they stop making Safari's and just make Monaco and HR? I could be wrong, but if that is the case there is no "brand" here.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post

Didn't they stop making Safari's and just make Monaco and HR? I could be wrong, but if that is the case there is no "brand" here.

Chris
There haven't been any new Safari's or Beavers since MMC quit building coaches. Navistar bought all the brands as part of the intellectual property and ASV has bought the same from Navistar.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #24

my did the same thing payed a rv glass guy 150$ to reinstall just did it this week

it was really falling out bad one more bad day of rain and wind and pop

only 4inc of glue still holding and that is the truth less then one min with the guy and it was out

the rv guy sade he see this alot when they get hot inside yes yes i know i had the fire but what he was talking was putting things in the window to stop the sun from coming in.. any thing with a UV on the back or black sun shades well do this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130808_181746.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	44598  
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote