Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2018, 03:14 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to lezmark Send a message via Yahoo to lezmark
Anyone install a Lippert Mor/Ryde fold up stair/steps on their coach?

After years of various frustrations with my Kwikee electric steps, I finally bent them such that I need to replace them. I have looked at different options and the fold up MOR/ryde looks pretty neat. They do seem to be oriented more for trailers and I just emailed them to see how they respond on using these for MH's. They sure wouldnt be as convenient as electric, but I sure am attracted by the stability they offer. Whether they easily open up from the INSIDE (versus the outside if you have a trailer) is the big question I have. I have to replace the steps regardless, anyone tried these or have any alternatives?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They store inside while traveling so you'd have to have a way to let them down from inside as well. I think one of them has a shock absorber on it so that lets it down easy. Otherwise a rope on the top side. You need to adjust the feet for height once you're level so the sill clears your screen/door. One drawback is you can't get too close to anything on that side because you need 5-6' to deploy them. We have the MorRyde step on our 5th wheel and love it.
Oldelevatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:28 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you opt for the full width of you door jamb then you need to keep in mind that your door would need to open more than 120 degrees before the stairs will clear the door when deploying the stairs
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:30 PM   #4

Spoke to them at Hershey. Their recommendation was to use the original stairs to get out of the coach and then install theirs over the top. They make brackets that allow quick removal and installation. Since the original steps need to remain functional, that doesn’t fit my criteria. I did tell them they should work on a Kwikee replacement of high quality.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps, lippert, air, install