This is on my to list for the fall.
This is what I have come up with making it out of wood:
1. Divide the box into two units, this will also divide the weight of the unit and not require building a metal structural box to keep it light.
2. A pull down front edge so items can slide out under the compartment door, with a lock to secure complete unit in place while under way.
3. Hinges must be on the side, not flat under the unit to maximize weight carrying capability of hindges.
4. Boxes constructed out of 3/4 x 6" maple with a floor of 1/4" plywood
5. Full extension soft close slides
The rest will be trial and error and measure twice cut once. I'll take pics as I go to post here.
2 of us + 1 rescue, Sadie (not sure who rescued who)
Toad: 11' 2dr Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Fit Sport
11' Bay Star 3302,11' Alpine 3555RL 40' 5er