Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #15

We used a wireless HDMI to feed our outside tv and it works great. Only issue is it feeds the same signal as the main tv above the dash. Can't watch different programs on those two tv's. But it's mainly for football season (Roll Tide) and we watch the same channel in both those locations.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #16

You can buy wireless HDMI models that stream two different channels at the same time so you can watch two different channels on two different TVs.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
You can buy wireless HDMI models that stream two different channels at the same time so you can watch two different channels on two different TVs.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Brand? Model? Vendor?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Right now I am watching directv via iogear gw3dkit. Picture is perfect at 1080i (highest res on this tv). Receiver is about 30 feet away (3 walls) from transmitter. I can control the directv receiver (hr24) through the iogear device, including turning on/off the hr24, change channels, watch recorded shows, so far everything I can do locally on the hr24, I can do remotely. I have not tested it in my rv cause it's to cold outside, but works great in my s&b.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Mark, when I looked at your unit on Amazon, I got the indication that the remote was IR, rather than UHF. Is it UHF also?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #20

rccrafters69
We have a Blue Ray player in our bedroom. Dish tech said it had a type of connector to the bedroom TV that was a precursor to HDMI and would work to bring HD. When he found out we had no plans to get a bigger TV, he advised against setting up our 2nd HD receiver (from our house) since HD would not make much difference on a smaller TV. I only mention the small TV in case you are in a similar situation. We use one DISH receiver VIP 222k that runs two TV's but only one can be in HD. So, when I read about folks using the DISH Hopper to wirelessly transmit HD to the bedroom, I really wasn't very interested. I don't have a Hopper, and don't know how that would work. But suggest you look into it before trying to hide an HDMI cable.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:47 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
Mark, when I looked at your unit on Amazon, I got the indication that the remote was IR, rather than UHF. Is it UHF also?

Fred
The remote is rc65x, i believe it is ir.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #22

Dear ladyfitz I found mine on YouTube while searching for "wireless HDMI". Lots of info on different models and companies with reviews.
I bought an IOgear model. It has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 wired output and 1 wireless out put. Setup in less than 1 hour
If you want 2 inputs and 2 different outputs look at their model GWHDMS52MBK2 for starters.
Let me know what you find.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
I've been using one for a couple years now in the MH and last summer added one to our S&B. In the MH I got tired twisting my neck to watch the front mounted tv. We have an open counter space at the rear of the main living area that is large enough for a free standing 42" flat screen. Have power there but was going to be difficult to pull an HDMI cable. Wireless works great and the tv is at the right level and viewable from all seating area.

Probably several choices but I used, Best Wireless HDMI Video Transmitter | The Wirecutter

Good luck,
So it appears that a second satellite receiver is NOT necessary for this, is that correct?

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:04 PM   #24

After quickly reading the info on IOGear site you could watch 1 TV channel and 1 addition source. If you have an additional TV receiver then you could watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs.
I am not an expert and I advise anyone looking to buy to carefully read the product info.
I bought mine from B & H Photo and their customer service was very helpful in answering all of my questions and their return policy was no questions asked. They had the lowest prices with all the websites I visited.

PS. I believe I heard that Dish had a receiver that you could watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs but not sure. If this is the case then you could hook up that TV receiver to the transmitter and watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs.
I will keep looking and if I find something more suited to your need I will PM you.
My advise is to search YouTube.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Old 01-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #25

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Dear ladyfitz I found mine on YouTube while searching for "wireless HDMI". Lots of info on different models and companies with reviews.
I bought an IOgear model. It has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 wired output and 1 wireless out put. Setup in less than 1 hour
If you want 2 inputs and 2 different outputs look at their model GWHDMS52MBK2 for starters.
Let me know what you find.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

I was able to find everything I wanted to know from IOGEAR - GWHDMS52MB - Long Range Wireless 5x2 HDMI Matrix PRO. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #26

If you don't mind, let me know how it works so I can tell others

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Old 01-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
PS. I believe I heard that Dish had a receiver that you could watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs but not sure. If this is the case then you could hook up that TV receiver to the transmitter and watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs.
I will keep looking and if I find something more suited to your need I will PM you.
My advise is to search YouTube.

2013 Georgetown XL 378

Yes Dish's 722 receiver is a dual DVR unit, not a bad set-up as you don't need line of sight for the second remote. The draw-back is the second TV is limited to cable hook-up with SD. If you want wireless HDMI you can go with a Hopper with wireless Joey, no cables required.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Look at the Dish Hopper with Wireless Joey. I have that in my Allegro Bus 45UP. Wireless Joey is hooked into the Hopper and either can feed any of 4 HD TVs. All equipment is located in 1 cabinet.

Tags
install, motorhome