Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,796
I guess the point is not everyone wants or needs a corvette, and at the end of the day they both get you to the same destination, but Kias and corvettes have nothing to do with the original question.
__________________

__________________
Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
rodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 709
My wife says Corvettes are for old guys with black dyed hair, spray tans and a gold necklace. She said I'm not old enough to get a Corvette.
__________________

__________________
2009 Ventana 3933
rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
vettenuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
My wife says Corvettes are for old guys with black dyed hair, spray tans and a gold necklace. She said I'm not old enough to get a Corvette.
Hmmmm, I fit the "old" but my hair is silver with no spray tan or jewelry. However, my Vette is highly modified so there is a reason my hair is silver
__________________
2005 Newmar Kountry Star 3742 - Gas
ACME Eze Tow Dolly
2008 Chevy Malibu Toad
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Thunderfoot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
There's a reason gassers out number diesels hundreds to one
.
Maybe, but two or three of those gassers combined will not give ME the performance, towing capacity, and stability that I require. That's not to say that 99% of the MH buyers need or want anything other than a gasser but what works for them (and you) is not an option for me. It's also likely my choice would not be applicable for your situation for any number of reasons. Hopefully the OP will post some details regarding his question that will allow this thread to get back on topic! I for one am interested in his thoughts regarding the original question.
__________________
'98 Signature 42' Classic Suite purchased July 2000
Toads: (4 down) Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy 2500HD 4x4, or Scout Terra
Trailers: 28' HRC Stacker, 24' Look; contents vary per trip
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:11 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
dezolen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Now that this has become gas vs dp

Same reason some people think they need an automatic 50 shot machine gun to hunt while others get by with a single shot rifle.

We are more than happy to full time in our 37' bath and half gasser. Have lots of $$$$ to do other things. We still see the same things on the road and once we reach our destination.
__________________
2013 Tiffin Allegro 36LA OPEN ROAD
2012 Honda CRV AWD toad
dezolen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Thunderfoot's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Same reason some people think they need an automatic 50 shot machine gun to hunt while others get by with a single shot rifle.

We are more than happy to full time in our 37' bath and half gasser. Have lots of $$$$ to do other things. We still see the same things on the road and once we reach our destination.
Me?... I go bear hunting with a switch

__________________
'98 Signature 42' Classic Suite purchased July 2000
Toads: (4 down) Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevy 2500HD 4x4, or Scout Terra
Trailers: 28' HRC Stacker, 24' Look; contents vary per trip
Thunderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
reubenray's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lake Osprey RV Resort, Elberta, AL
Posts: 2,735
Some of the things we like about the CS 3612 is the extra bedroom closet space, washer/dryer and a residential refrigerator. We are thinking that it could also work for full timing, but only with the 26,000 lb chassis upgrade.
__________________
Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
2013 Tiffin Allegro (Sold) - 2017 Ventana LE 4037 -
2016 Chevrolet Equinox - V6 - AWD
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #50
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Satsop WA
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
My wife says Corvettes are for old guys with black dyed hair, spray tans and a gold necklace. She said I'm not old enough to get a Corvette.
It is interesting how often some folks just have to judge someone on why they do or have something.
I bought our DP because of how it drives, the features and the size of the holding tanks. I love it.
Never occurred to me that I bought it for "status". If so, I should have bought a newer one.

Had 3 Corvettes at one time.
Never had a gold chain, dyed my hair and am only 55. (I don't consider that "old").
Bought them because I thought of them as a piece of American history, and they are just a blast to drive.

That being said, I could give a rats tail whether or not you drive a gasser or a DP.
But please refrain from telling us why we bought ours.
__________________
2007 Alpine Limited SE
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Doug Sage's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Originally from near Portland, OR
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP Kirk View Post
You need to define "suitable for fulltiming" to get a good answer. We lived in one for nearly 12 years which some folks felt was unsuitable. I'd suggest the Winnebago Adventurer, Itasca Suncruiser, Newmar Canyon Star, or the Allegro by Tiffin.
We have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser and have fulltimed in it since it was new. We love it.
__________________
Doug Sage
Full timers roaming the good old US of A
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38J
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
rodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
It is interesting how often some folks just have to judge someone on why they do or have something.
I bought our DP because of how it drives, the features and the size of the holding tanks. I love it.
Never occurred to me that I bought it for "status". If so, I should have bought a newer one.

Had 3 Corvettes at one time.
Never had a gold chain, dyed my hair and am only 55. (I don't consider that "old").
Bought them because I thought of them as a piece of American history, and they are just a blast to drive.

That being said, I could give a rats tail whether or not you drive a gasser or a DP.
But please refrain from telling us why we bought ours.
I don't think anyone cares why you bought yours.
__________________
2009 Ventana 3933
rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
cucotx's Avatar
 
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenandKaren View Post
Thinking of trading in our 06 Newmar 4 slide Ventanna 3936. Does anyone know of a large gas coach that's suitable for full timing? Just wondering...
Thanks, Ken McCormack
I think I know what your problem is. Your DW does not like the 4 slides because when they're in, there is barely any room for living in it.

I got a proposal for you. I own a 34 footer, gas engine, AND without those pesky slides. Lots of room inside when parked or driving. I'll trade my 1988 Georgie Boy, excellent condition inside, good bones, for your 2006. I'll do so, even though yours does have the undesirable and uncomfortable slides. Even trade. What do you say?
__________________
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
georgetown350's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,603
Did the op ever come back with details? I just met a gentlemen who fulltimes in a tent in the forest with no hookups. He was pan handling at the entrance to walmart. Hopefully one day he will be able to afford a small travel trailer or a 43 ft dp. It all depends on how and where you travel, do u stay put for six months or longer etc etc.
__________________
2008 HR 340 Cummins, Vacationer XL
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #55
Senior Member


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Satsop WA
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
I don't think anyone cares why you bought yours.
Thats good!
__________________
2007 Alpine Limited SE
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Newcastle West, Ireland
Posts: 392
I have what I have because I like it, you have what you have because you like it, if you don't like what I have then I don't give a rats rectum what you think so just be happy and go camping.
__________________

__________________
'98 Southwind 34L, too many cameras, old hat, young heart.
May the light be with you.
Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gas



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coach Net - You decide OSP1268 iRV2.com General Discussion 5 06-01-2014 11:19 AM
Wiring Coach vs Engine batteries lpasekof Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 6 05-20-2014 06:48 AM
Back from first trip in coach to Disney campgrounds... Bad Bolt Class A Motorhome Discussions 16 03-17-2014 12:26 AM
Thor Gas Club rvbunz Thor Industries Owner's Forum 24 09-14-2013 07:00 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.