Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Anyone Own a 1996 Rexhall VisionChevrolet

Got it at a good price but NO USER MANUAL.
I have no idea what a lot of the controlls do.
Today I changed out the boots in the front
coil springs.Drives like a dream.

My wife and I love it,,,but,,I cant figure how to lower the canopy, nor turn on any of the water pumps.
Appreciate any help I can get.
Joe in Texas
Joseph Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Joseph and
I don't have the same model as you, but I will try to help.
Most awnings have a small latch on the top front end piece. You should have a tool inside the RV somewhere that looks like a 3-4 foot rod with a hook on it. Reach up with the tool to move the latch downward. Then go to each support rod and unlatch the latching mechanism. Loosen the knobs behind the support rods, now it should be ready to come out. Use the rod to reach the pull down strap (probably towards the middle of the awning) and pull it open. Reverse the order to close.
On my MH the water pump switch is mounted on the holding tank status gauge. The gauge is mounted on the kitchen cabinet, low and visible when standing outside with the door open. Also there should be another switch in the bathroom for the water pump.
Hope this helps,

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #3

www.rexhall.com/. The Rexhall plant is in Lancaster, CA, still in operation. Their web site has contact information for the service department and the Rexhall clubs. There is also www.rexhalltips.com/.

I have a 98 Aerbus with a 97 Ford chassis and I bought it used complete with all the manuals. My Rexhall manual is mostly very general information for first time users. The details are in the manuals of the various systems manufacturers.

Your best source of information, however, is other RVers, even if they don't have your specific make and model. The motorhome companies only put a shell on a chassis and stuff it with components from various systems manufacturers. Many different brands of motorhomes share components from the same systems manufacturers. Lurk on forum's like this and rv.net for a while and you will learn a ton.

BTW: On my unit, there is a rocker switch to turn the water pump on/off in the master control panel over the microwave and another on a small panel just under the bathroom sink.

Happy trails.
jupoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
HEY!!!!!

Thanks to all you nice people!
You people shore are friendly here.
Joe in Texas
Old 03-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #5

Manuals and such for Rexhall

We have a new-to-us in September2010, 1994 Rexhall Aerbus which came with manuals. As mentioned above, the switch for the water pump is marked as such on the main gauge panel in the main coach(ours is over the micro/convection) and also one of the three switches under the bathroom sink.
Another forum that has formed in the last year is:

rexhall_motorhomes : Rexhall_Motorhomes

Good information both here and there. Hope this is helpful. :-)
southwoods46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey,,,southwooods,,,,,you got it right on,,,,,(ours is over the micro/convection),,,,,don't see now how I missed it! Well,,,the switch IS black,,,,and the hood is black,,,and it was my wife who looked there. What does the monitor switch,,mean/do? Very much obliged,, Joe in Texas
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #7

Rexhall switches

The monitor switch lets you check all the tanks, holding tank, grey, fresh and LP and the batteries for their level. Push it and all the systems to the left of the monitor switch should light up. You will have to double check those tanks to see how accurate they are registering. If you need a pic, I'll see what I can do.
southwoods46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

You'll find some great advice here.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
WOW! I found the monitor switch display,,,,,,what knocked my socks off was finding ,,I could start (and stop) the light plant from inside the R.V.,,,,,now THAT is nice!
Thanks to all you good people.
Joe in Texas