Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I saw a DP that pulled a class B behind. That way you still have a toad. Best of both worlds!
This didn't seem like an idea at first....now I am seeing the benefit!

I cold get the Class B now, camp a bit in it, and then We'd see how well it works.

Wow, so many ideas.

Only thing. We will be full time...would the teenager sleeping in the "car" be frowned upon?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ie2special View Post
Only thing. We will be full time...would the teenager sleeping in the "car" be frowned upon?
By who?
Old 02-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #31

I was worried his teachers/School etc. would think it not appropriate living conditions.

We will full time
Old 02-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #32

Quote:
I was worried his teachers/School etc. would think it not appropriate living conditions.

We will full time
You are the parent.... Not the teachers. Technically, your 40' DP is a "car." That said, there is a far cry from a kid sleeping in a class B Motorhome towed behind the family's "luxury motorcoach" and a kid living in a Ford Taurus.
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:23 AM   #33

A little off the subject...A PSU tailgater pulls a pop-up behind his DP however he converted it into a traveling bar. He removed all of the canvass and fabricated fold out bars, added an additional fridge and installed club lighting and a sound system. The interior was used to store the bar stools.

It's certainly not a solution for additional living quarters but it could make you one of more popular sites in the campground!
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 AM   #34

Quote:

We will full time
Let 'em frown then. They may classify your kids as "Homeless". We have a pretty large percentage of kids in our district that are classified as such but aren't what you would actually call homeless. Some are just living with their parents in the grandparents' house, some are with friends of the family.

It doesn't make any real difference. No one from the school sends DCF out or anything. The teachers likely wouldn't even have any clue that he lives in a van down by the river.....

If for some reason one of them gets snooty and condescending to you, just put them in their place and let them know that your "car" probably costs more than their house.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Both of our adult children and their spouses have travel trailers. Since they're still working, they occasionally can not get away early on holiday weekends. In the past have pulled a 26' TT with our 36' DP. We drop it in their site and they arrive later.

We did stop for fuel once and was questioned as to why we needed the TT. I told them it was for the maid!
Now that's funny right there.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
Let 'em frown then. They may classify your kids as "Homeless". We have a pretty large percentage of kids in our district that are classified as such but aren't what you would actually call homeless.
That was my concern. I was a teacher until I took off to be with my daughter.

I do not want to homeschool my teenager but I also don't want him to feel bad about his living situation.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #37

Quote:
That was my concern. I was a teacher until I took off to be with my daughter.

I do not want to homeschool my teenager but I also don't want him to feel bad about his living situation.
Throw an Xbox or something in the van and he'll be fine.

You never know how things can turn out. If the wrong group dislikes him they could be brutal about him living in a van (so to speak). If he doesn't have problem making friends, they will come over and hang out in his separate studio apartment.

Tags
travel