Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #211

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had several (6) motorhomes sized from 25' to 38'. At the time that I bought them, they all seemed like the right size. The only one that I really regretted was a 37' Discovery that was actually 38'. It was just too long for the things and places that I wanted to take it. I now have a 36' Itasca Meridian that my wife and I both love. It seems to be the perfect floorplan and size for all our needs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2017, 11:07 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
There are lots and lots of mobile RV washing companies. Some that do an excellent job on the waxing as well. We just had our 45 ft motorhome washed, hand buffed and hand waxed for $12 per foot .... looks fantastic and did just as good, if not better, job that I would have. $$$$ well spent!
Is that like 27 ft times $12 or is it every Foot around motorhome ?

Itasca66
Itasca66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:31 AM   #213

Forest River Owners Club
Actually I believe it's 45 X $12.00 or $540.00.... I just finished hand waxing my myself - cost = $10.00 for wax and lots of sweat... BUT it looks brand new....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #214

I'm not hand waxing anything! Clear coat and modern waxes are my friends. That and rain.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #215

Although I'm a newbie on his 1st MH, I find our little 32 footer to be quite nimble.
And it helps to have the 22K chassis , 22.5" tires, and 3 slides.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
I'm not hand waxing anything! Clear coat and modern waxes are my friends. That and rain.
Agreed. Rejex is my new best friend...
Focht3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Actually I believe it's 45 X $12.00 or $540.00.... I just finished hand waxing my myself - cost = $10.00 for wax and lots of sweat... BUT it looks brand new....
My new pro Makita buffer is going to pay for itself pretty quick. And $75 in pads and sandpaper compound and wax.
Ooo and new pair sun glasses ooo the shine.

Itasca66

1500 grit wet sand papers not cheap.
Itasca66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #218

I'm trying to full time in my 21' bus conversion. It is a work in progress as I built everything "permanent", but I have not finished anything yet. This is mostly by design because I don't want to spend a lot of money, just to find out that I want to change something up in a few weeks or months. So far my two biggest complaints about my 100 s.f. living space is my flooring and the lack of a bathroom. I am learning what is important, what I don't need, and how to pack in ways I never thought possible. I will admit that I am anxious to figure out just what it is that I'm wanting in this one because I really want to get to work on the actual build and finishing of it, even though I'm expecting the floor alone to take between 80 and 100 hours. All in all, I'm living my rig, but I'm doing it solo as well. When it was my ex girlfriend and our 2 50# dogs, her 38' 5th wheel was a much better fit.
Trilug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #219

Go to an RV dealer and walk through all their units. You'll get ideas from the expert designers in the industry.

Sent from my XT1254 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
MonacoMon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #220

38-36 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
I have had several (6) motorhomes sized from 25' to 38'. At the time that I bought them, they all seemed like the right size. The only one that I really regretted was a 37' Discovery that was actually 38'. It was just too long for the things and places that I wanted to take it. I now have a 36' Itasca Meridian that my wife and I both love. It seems to be the perfect floorplan and size for all our needs.
Well your the owner.........but much happier 38' to 36' ? I would not think that would be a big factor ??
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #221

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
really 38 is too long but 36 is great, what is the difference between 36 and 38? To me you just like the 36 for other reasons, because there is no way you can feel 2 feet on an motorhome. Unless you are refering to features, how can someone not be able to park a 38 feet motorhome but can park a 36 feet one. this is insane.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #222

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
I think your issue is floorplan and not size if your Itasca was 38 and the discovery was 36 would you feel the same?
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #223

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Did the DP driver even know you were racing him? People pass me all the time, I don't feel any need to race them so I let them go.
Yup... same here
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post
My wife said to me recently she reckons we should of purchased a much shorter class A than our 35footer.

Has anyone ever regretted the length of the motorhome they purchased?

I like the idea of a 26-28ft class A but I bet my wife would complain it's too small.

It will be 2020 before we change but would like to make short list of rigs so I can keep an eye on what's said on the forums.
I feel you could equate this question to anyone regardless of MH, 5er OR TT...all seems pretty relevant. For us, we have a 37' 5er...works great for us...BUT...my wife and I have talked about going "smaller/shorter". I would like to go to around 33-35'. That way, maneuverability would improve a frog's hair and we may be able to squeeze into a few more spaces where our current abode is just a tad too long.

The deciding factor for us is that both of us want a "King size bed"...no queen for my queen! Trouble for us is that it's hard to find a King bed in a 35' 5er...at least from what I've seen. One of the most important factors for us it "being comfortable as possible" when we sleep...we can pretty much adjust to most other things.

So, for us, we have decided what is the "minimum" important option for us that we'll accept...which is the size of our bed, so I'd suggest talking about things like that as to what the "minimums" are that you'll both be happy with, and then go from there....Just a thought friend.

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome