Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #57

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post
What I really want is a 26ft class B+ with 4wd with decent clearance and 4 season package and covered bottom to protect against rocks and salt. I would then tow a pop up for extended stays (4 plus days) and use that as a kitchen and storage.

That's not really going to happen so if I could pickup a sub 5,000$ hard sided a frame pop up for winter camping or going to places where the MH could not go.
I don't think you are going to be able to walk onto a dealers lot and find the RV you are looking for! Though, stranger things have happened. Good luck in your search.
Oldman5145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman5145 View Post
I don't think you are going to be able to walk onto a dealers lot and find the RV you are looking for! Though, stranger things have happened. Good luck in your search.
Not unless I spend 500,000$ on an Erath roamer thatis 12 times the budget if my current coach. I think I will settle on a 5,000$ pop up for winter if my finances dictate next year :-)
Old 03-17-2017, 05:45 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
We went from a 32 one slide to a 39 3 slide and just love it when we retire in 9 more years we will go bigger. Maybe 45 4 slides .
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post

Also we carry two Kayaks in the kitchen area so would need to be careful to make sure they fit in another coach.
Get a Seaeagle inflatable kayak. We had the sit ons and now have a Seaeagle fastrack 465, extremely more stable. They can store just about anywhere.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
Get a Seaeagle inflatable kayak. We had the sit ons and now have a Seaeagle fastrack 465, extremely more stable. They can store just about anywhere.

I carry 2 inflatable kayaks and one inflatable stand up board plus 2 bicycles, fire pit , chairs etc etc etc
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
Thanks,

I would definitely look at inflatables if I changed the coach.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
Our first class a was 26' with no slides.

Current rig is 28' with 2 slides and we feel like we are living large. Anything bigger would not make it up the driveway or fit in our parking space.
Similar to us. Our first motorized was a 28' C Class with one slide. We now have a 30' A Class with two slides, and like you, we feel like we've got plenty of room. Some of the places we go I wouldn't feel comfortable taking anything much larger. And again, like you, I'm not sure it'd get down the road to our house or fit where we need to park and turn around.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #64

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This thread is interesting since we are considering the "bigger is Better" philosophy.

We went from a POS 22 ft gasser with rotted side walls and a leaky roof(you should hear the story about when I tore the door off of it in the middle of Kansas in 103F heat!) to a 34 foot DP with two slides. It was like we moved into a mansion! But that was before we decided to go full time. We've been full time for two years.

Now we are on the look out for a minimum of 40 ft DP with three slide minimum, mostly for more counter space and a bigger shower.

We spend 7 months in Myrtle Beach and the summer in Upper Michigan.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:41 PM   #65

Myrtle beach question

draboo: how do you like winters in Myrtle beach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
This thread is interesting since we are considering the "bigger is Better" philosophy.

We went from a POS 22 ft gasser with rotted side walls and a leaky roof(you should hear the story about when I tore the door off of it in the middle of Kansas in 103F heat!) to a 34 foot DP with two slides. It was like we moved into a mansion! But that was before we decided to go full time. We've been full time for two years.

Now we are on the look out for a minimum of 40 ft DP with three slide minimum, mostly for more counter space and a bigger shower.

We spend 7 months in Myrtle Beach and the summer in Upper Michigan.
MobileOneDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #66

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileOneDS View Post
draboo: how do you like winters in Myrtle beach??
We think it's great. We moved here from central Oregon a year ago last January. Much,much less rain and lots warmer. We don't like real hot weather, so North Myrtle Beach (actually, Longs,SC) is great for us. It gets down to below freezing for a few nights, but nothing like what we were used to in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in January!
Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 PM   #67

I love my 40' coach and can't imagine going smaller
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #68

We love our 45ft 4 slides and a large enough engine to pull 2 motorcycles and a car.
ezj&wings2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #69

I have a 29ft. Added a Sheets are which made a dramatic difference. I had already wasted my money on a Roadmaster, which did nothing. With the Steersafe, I don't fight the wind nor the truckers that pass.
BarbSibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #70

Fun conversation! We started out with a 1967 split window Dodge home made so called camper van in Alaska. (Much younger then) Next was a huge upgrade to a high top Dodge 80's vintage camper van. (Junk) Then a 21 ft Minnie Winnie with a 3 speed automatic and no overdrive. (Why did I do that!) Then a 26 ft 91 Tioga Class A. Loved it for 12 years, sold when we moved. Hated the corner bed. After two years without a motorhome we missed it and bypassed our Target in the 32/34 range and bought a 2008 40' Itaska Ellipse. Glad we did. Everything is so much better. Maneuverability with 55° steering angle, ride, handling, much quieter, livability, etc. No comparison. The 40 footer will outmaneuver the old 26 footer. We don't plan on selling, but if I went back to the 26 footer it would have to have slides on both sides and tail, and the engine also in the tail. I haven't seen that yet. It's all fun and all good no matter what it is!
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome