Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
Anyone use a ScanGauge ?

I was wondering if anyone has used a ScanGauge before and how they liked it. I have a 1999 diplomat and I really don't trust my dash. If I'm driving with my lights on, my temp gauge goes up 20 degrees. Turn lights off and it goes back down. Someone is selling these gauges on eBay for around $160 and it looks too good to be true! Please help if you have ever used one! Thanks!

CUZNELY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
best thing i brought for this C,tells you so much,also can keep eye on read out to compare past trips for eng performace mpg alt output load on eng water vtemp ect

Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 PM   #3
Dale&Susan, 08 Alfa Gold, DaGirlsRv,
KoKo(Rainbow Bridge)&Della(Rainbow Bridge) 08 Jeep Liberty_Solar_940W Solar_660 AmpHr
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club

I just bought one and have not yet used it on a trip, just a short drive. Seems to work good. I bought it on-line from Advance Auto Parts for $135 with free shipping.
2011 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
desertvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Installed one in our American Eagle and like it very much, lots of options depending on what you need most.
For water and oil temps you have to install extra sensors I believe, do your research before buying.

For what we need it's great and very accurate.

2000 American Eagle. DS.DP. 40' 350HP ISC. 4 Koni's, 1200W. Solar, EMS, Compost Toilet, LED Lighting, TPMS, Scangauge, + 5'x11' ToyTrailer = Garage =Toolshed = Boathouse = Spare bedroom = Looking for a bigger one!
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Oemy's Web Site - Check this site for the scan guage.
Al DeV
2002 32H Bounder
Torrance Ca
Aldev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #7
I have two of them. I share one in my 2008 F53 V10 chassis and my Toyota camry hybrid. The other is shared with my 2009 Tacoma and 2001 F250 Powerstroke diesel. Other than the 20 different functions (which you can view 4 at one time) that are already programmed, I used the x-gauge to program the transmission temp and cylinder head temp for the MH and the other I programmed the x-gauge to read the transmission temp on the 7.3 powerstroke. It takes several tanks to get the fuel mileage adjusted to read fairly accurately, but after you do it will give you a good idea on instant and average fuel mpgs. One I bought used on ebay and the other new, don't remember the price but think it was around $120 ... but that was in 2009. I have extra obdII cables so I don't have to get under the dash when I chg vehicles. I'd certainly recommend getting one as you wont be disappointed.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, I have a scanguage ii. I use it to monitor various sensors. It can display four guages at a time. Normally I monitor the transmission temp, engine temp, mpg and something else which I can't remember at the moment. It can't read abs codes. I consider it a must have device, mostly for piece of mind.
Mark Taylor
1999 Bounder 32H Ford V10, 2012 Ford Focus, Pretty DW, 2 cats. Retired USAF
mrt_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #9
Another option if you have a smart phone is to use an App such as DashCommand, $10. With that and an OBDII plug you get any data available through the port in much nicer format (scan gauge looks 1980's, IMO). The OBDII costs around $20. It communicates with your smartphone via wifi. Works great, for about $30.
Art & Vicky + 4
2003 Fleetwood Tioga 31W SL
So. Cal is Home
ARC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:17 AM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
Scan Gauge "D" works fine. Sanford
Sanford, Linda & R cats: Molly, Levi, Cody
2011 Monaco by Navistar RV
Good Sam Life Member Good Sam Hams Chapter
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use one to monitor transmission temp. Works well.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #12
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Love mine!
Typically monitor - Tranny temp, Engine temp, MPG, & Volts, but it can tell ya loads of stuff.
I'd just buy direct- ScanGaugeII : Linear Logic - Home of the ScanGauge
The Portable Summer Cottage II * 2000 GBM/99 F53. Steer-Safe, Ultra-Trac, Bilsteins, Sumitomo's, CHF, & Eternabond. Mod it & keep her rolling! Pics & Mods:http://s69.photobucket.com/user/scot...20Cottage%20II
NAUTIQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:36 AM   #13
Originally Posted by CUZNELY View Post
I was wondering if anyone has used a ScanGauge before and how they liked it...
Your profile says you're in PHX. Drive to Mesa and buy direct from them. They're very helpful and may even help you set it up and install it even though it only requires a smart monkey to do so.

I had one in my diesel 06 WGO View and the same unit is now in my WGO Vista on a Ford F53 gasser. It's very useful for peace of mind when pulling huge hills while towing in 108F temps like we have here in AZ.
2010 WGO Vista 30W, 1993 Geo Tracker
Just a user with no RV or mechanical expertise
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:42 AM   #14
Monaco Owners Club
Biggest thing for me was a digital rather than a linear gauge and gauges that were out put but not on the dash. Like boost pressure trans temp plus it will read codes and reset them.

2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote