Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #1

Anyone use a tv mounting arm for the front tv?

I am going to replace the front Sharp tv. Pictures does not always come on right away. Comes on after TV seems to warm up.

Going to put in a new 39 inch Vizio LED tv. TV will not fit in the cabinet. However, I am going to buy a tv mount and connect it to the metal wall in the current cabinet that the current tv is connected too. The mount is like an arm that can be pulled out and moved around when watching the tv. The tv will fit on the outside of the cabinet between the cabinet doors that are on each side.

So, has anyone used a mount like this to connect their tv up to the motorhome? Will it stay in place while traveling?

The new led is only about 15 pounds so this mount should be able to hold it well. The tv and mount can be bought at Sams Club.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Steve

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Mor Ride make one for Rvs with a lock

Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
A telescoping arm is what many use for their rv basement tv's
then a protective cover and a bungie will hold it in place...

I put a wall mount in my s&b kitchen so it could pivot between the breakfast area and the kitchen....
Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #4

I just did the switch last week using the articulating arm. I have attached industrial strength velcro to the back of the tv and on the frame where the tv rest against to keep it in place. The arm i bought also has tension screws on the pivot points of the arm which you can tighten pretty good making the arm hard to move.
The velcro is very strong and difficult to get it unhooked but i will not trust it going down the road so i will get a bungee to put on it only while moving.

I chose to use the arm just for future needs of the space versus a plywood cover with the small wall mount, but i lot of people have choose that way also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02374 (Large).JPG
Views:	96
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	31576   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02375 (Large).JPG
Views:	105
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	31577  

Name:	DSC02376 (Large).JPG
Views:	104
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	31578   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02377 (Large).JPG
Views:	126
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	31579  

Old 01-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
arm

We just put a 32" flatscreen in our rig. Got rid of the refrigerator sized original TV as well as that somewhat annoying "smashing of my head into the TV cabinet" feature.

Used a locking mounting arm from Camping World. It does vibrate however, so had to cushion it with a towel while travelling. Just a bit unsophisticated I know. I like the velcro idea.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
When looking for TV mounts go here www.monoprice.com

They will be a lot cheaper than just about anywhere else. Plus they have a wide selection. I have no affiliation with them, but have used them for years for my A/V needs.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #7

Johnysnok,

Dd you have to add extensions to your wires to connect to the tv?

Steve
Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
TAN

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I put a 32" TV in ours and I used the same mount that Johnnysnok did. I have wood be hind it and wood in front of it that I can remove very easy if I want to hook up some thing behind it. We just traveled 1500 miles and no problams with it. I am sorry but I do not know how to post a picture.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
Johnysnok,

Dd you have to add extensions to your wires to connect to the tv?

Steve
No all original wires except i went from RCA cables to HDMI from the DVD player to the new TV.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #10

I did exactly what you are doing with a 32" flat screen LG. I have no wood backing in my older (1998) Bounder, so couldn't use the Velcro. I tightened the articulating arm screws like just suggested, and it appeared secure. However, on route, the TV swung out and almost conked me in the face while driving, and scared my wife half to death. She ended up holding it in place until we got home (local). I got a decree, fix it or no more travel for her! I am presently working on a strap that buckles, which will be attached on either side behind the TV. All you will see is a single strap across the TV face while traveling. I am leary of bungees, but I do like Velcro. Again, however, the force with which this TV swung out, especially in an emergency maneuver, convinced me that a very secure holder is needed.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
I am going to replace the front Sharp tv. Pictures does not always come on right away. Comes on after TV seems to warm up.

Going to put in a new 39 inch Vizio LED tv. TV will not fit in the cabinet. However, I am going to buy a tv mount and connect it to the metal wall in the current cabinet that the current tv is connected too. The mount is like an arm that can be pulled out and moved around when watching the tv. The tv will fit on the outside of the cabinet between the cabinet doors that are on each side.

So, has anyone used a mount like this to connect their tv up to the motorhome? Will it stay in place while traveling?

The new led is only about 15 pounds so this mount should be able to hold it well. The tv and mount can be bought at Sams Club.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Steve
YUP - we did that in our older '88 Winnie, works great:

Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
front tv mounted on arm

I had it done. The arm clips into a catch that is released from the outside of the cabinet. Vibration was an issue, placed a rubber seal (about 1" thick) to stop the vibration.work great
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
2X on the articulating arm of your choice and then commercial grade Velcro for the final firm hold while traveling. One does not need much of the commercial grade Velcro.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I replace the mister with a 39' flatscreen and used a telescoping mount. It took longer to figure it out than to actually do the work!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1082693038.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	590.3 KB
ID:	31590   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3272563255.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	552.0 KB
ID:	31591