Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-31-2009, 03:43 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
It was corny but we enjoyed each time we watched, clean, fun entertainment which is rare nowadays.

Papa John & Mother Mary 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX, 34N
2008 Hyundai Elantra - Toad
Tampa, Florida
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
Yep good clean entertainment ..

Even tho' it was silly and lots obviously staged , nice to see something not "full" of vulgarities , I think there was some "bleeping" as I recall ..

I agree , I'm sure there were some hidden drivers out of camera view .. I doubt the owners of the coaches would allow most likely inexperienced drivers run their rigs cross country ..

JackHammr' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We enjoyed it. Not the greatest TV but something that all three of us from 11 - 46 could sit down together and enjoy. We're planning a trip next spring/summer that will intercept Route 66 in TX and then leave it in CA when we head up to Yosemite. So we enjoyed seeing some of the roadside attractions they stopped at. I'll probably be posting some questions over in the Crossroads forum as we start doing more planning about routes and road conditions.
2007 Itasca Sunova 35J
2006 Saturn Vue
CurbCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #18
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We watched it and enjoyed it. It was corny and of course staged but after all it is TV. I think they did do some of the driving because they looked to be more experienced and comfortable in the driver's seat at the end. We don't usually watch reality shows, but we watched this one because it was rving.
Lynnvt & George (DH), Sam the traveling pooch
2014 Primetime Crusader 32' fifth wheel
Lynnvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only "reality" show I've ever seen is "COPS"-----
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:11 AM   #20
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 6MISFITZ View Post
I saw the first episode and while I wasn't sorry I wasted that hour, I had no desire to watch future shows.
Me too.

2007 Phaeton 36QSH. MBE926, titanium pearl.
2009 rubicon
jhughd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #21
Newmar Owners Club
Just a couple of IMHO remarks
El Monte will rent an RV to anyone who has a Drivers License and over 25. They do not ask to many questions and show you the bare minimum how things work.

I think that they had no stand in drivers at all and yes there was damage to some of the RVs.

What got me is I see many drivers out on the road that do just what these drivers were doing. Every time you see a RV rental take a good look at how they are driving.

The best part of the whole show was the places they stop at. As we head out to the Southwest in a couple of days we have added a few new stops along the way that we missed in the past.

2005 KSDP 3910-----2007 Jeep Liberty

read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote