Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #1

Anyone with a 1994 Fleetwood Flair know where the breakers are?

I'm really trying to learn the this Motor home. Right now, I have either a bad shore cord or a tripped breaker. I found a breaker on the inverter, but am I missing another one? Click image for larger version

Name:	1513460532512.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	185901
BeyondBoundariesRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They are right there in your image: Green, Red, Red, Blue, Blue are the breakers.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
They are right there in your image: Green, Red, Red, Blue, Blue are the breakers.
I wasn't sure if there were another set of breakers. Then I need to replace my shore power cable.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #4

Does everything work on generator ? It could be the transfer switch.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppy View Post
Does everything work on generator ? It could be the transfer switch.
Generator doesn't work. [emoji20]
Old 12-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #6

Still could be the transfer switch (if it has one). From reading they seem to go bad fairly often. Some Motor Homes, especially older ones, have an outlet in the bay where the power cord is and this outlet is the generator output, which you plug the shore cord into to get generator power to the breakers. Also there is a breaker on the generator usually.

In any case, not much to go wrong with a shore cord unless you can see damage to it. If the plug is bad or burned, cut the cord and put a new plug on it, readily available at Home Depot, Lowes, online, etc.

Don't go willy nilly changing parts, take a volt meter and go from one point to another checking voltage till you find where it stops at.

Charles
Old 12-16-2017, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
Still could be the transfer switch (if it has one). From reading they seem to go bad fairly often. Some Motor Homes, especially older ones, have an outlet in the bay where the power cord is and this outlet is the generator output, which you plug the shore cord into to get generator power to the breakers. Also there is a breaker on the generator usually.

In any case, not much to go wrong with a shore cord unless you can see damage to it. If the plug is bad or burned, cut the cord and put a new plug on it, readily available at Home Depot, Lowes, online, etc.

Don't go willy nilly changing parts, take a volt meter and go from one point to another checking voltage till you find where it stops at.

Charles
Thanks. That makes sense to me.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
You might try asking Fleetwood for the 120v circuit diagrams. Make sure to send your VIN and serial number. This would help you trace the power if the wiring is more hidden. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/technical-assistance

On my '95 Flair it's a dead simple system. The shore cord connected straight into the breaker box. No transfer switch and no EMS. I had a similar issue though (one day the power just shut off), the wires from the shore cord had worn out inside the electrical compartment. One of the previous owners had shortened the RV side of the shore cord and those connections weren't great.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO Continen View Post
You might try asking Fleetwood for the 120v circuit diagrams. Make sure to send your VIN and serial number. This would help you trace the power if the wiring is more hidden. https://www.fleetwoodrv.com/technical-assistance

On my '95 Flair it's a dead simple system. The shore cord connected straight into the breaker box. No transfer switch and no EMS. I had a similar issue though (one day the power just shut off), the wires from the shore cord had worn out inside the electrical compartment. One of the previous owners had shortened the RV side of the shore cord and those connections weren't great.
Awesome tip! Thanks, a lot!

Tags
air, breaker, fleetwood