Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #1

App for Tracking Services and Maintenance

Has anyone found an app that they like for tracking services / maintenance of their MH? I have been searching AppShopper and have not found an app that is MH specific. I would like something that would help me track and predict services to include generator servicing.
Bymorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #2

I used one a while back that was for cars. You could customize it to add anything you wanted. Anything from oil change to lube your slide out seals. That was a while ago, but I'm sure there are plenty of them out there.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #3

Change the gen set oil every 150 hrs., not much to it.
Mr. Hipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have an Apple device, I really like this one https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road...298398207?mt=8 You can set up alerts for service due dates for multiple vehicles including generators which do require more than just an oil change.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:06 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are several apps out there for computers. I don't know of an "APP" for Apple or android slates, ipads or tablets. some people just make up a spread sheet and input what ever maintenance they preform on it. I've used RVer's Notebook for years. the owner died and wife has shut down the web site as she wasn't able to maintain it. Another program "Nomad Notes" is out there. I know of one person who uses a tablet with some app like "everNote" or Diary to log maintenance. Google RV Maintenance and you will find a number of programs which may fit your needs. safe travels.... ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The solution I use is a PC with Microsoft Excel. I track dates of trips, mileage and average MPG per trip leg. Within the spread sheet, I have coach maintenance requirements and Toad tracking for tow maintenance such as tire rotation based on miles towed plus the odometer. Find it a really handle tool for staying on top of things.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #7

I use a software program from these people on my laptop.

IMS, fleet maintenance software for vehicles and equipment

They have several different levels for anything from stationary machinery to aircraft. I have an older version and use it to track maintenance on the cars, trucks RV, shop equipment, and lawn equipment. You can customize it for each vehicle or piece of equipment. I started using it about 12 years ago when I was tracking maintenance for a small fleet of cars and trucks.

They have a free trial version of each program you can download to see if it's something you're interested in.