Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #15

Hello I am from Canada and started looking on line in the states for used Motor Homes around Xmas time last year I looked at a lot of DP in my price range which was 150K I zeroed in on the Beaver line of coaches and found a Used Beaver Patroit Thunder 42 ft Vicksburg very very nice unit and very happy with it had 53,000 miles on it and put 10,000 in the summer.I would myself find a coach you like then hit the internet lot of them out there and the internet to me is the best place to look no salemans to bother you as you look.,after you find what your looking for.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #16

I've been looking at RV Trader & RVT primarily and there are lots of them out there. Any other sites you would suggest?
RiverStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #17

Hello here is how I did it I looked on the internet and as we travelled around in my 5thwheel in the states looking at dearlers for a DP when I narrowed it down to the make I wanted I just went in that site ( eg Beaver Patroit Thunder ) and looked on there till I found what I wanted did the deal over the phone went for a look see paid a deposit and picked it up in May of 2012. easy as pie after I had narrowed it down though you have to know whats on your list and stick to it . My list was as follows
Side mounted rad.
Tag axle.
40 to 42 ft.
Diesel.
3 to 4 slides.
2005 or older.
I stick to my guns and got what I wanted also Wife got what she wanted inside as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #18

All the motorhomes at the show may never have been licensed, but many times they show previous model year coaches at big discounts. The last one we went to was 2010. I'll bet half the coaches on the floor were the previous model year. Even the dealers with the latest equipment on the floor had displays with last years models or nearly new used units they had in stock.

It might be worth your time to check it out. For the cost of a couple tickets you may get a pleasant surprise.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #19

I have been looking at used Beaver Coaches and Wow! The woodwork is amazing. Do they drive as well as they look?
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #20

We have a 45 Marquis beaver, and this coach is amazing driving and living in it.
Bizprocoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #21

I believe you. The Marquis is beautiful. I will definitely look hard at Beaver when we move up to a tag. Thank you for your comment.
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My first coach was a Beaver (of three) but with the later coaches I was not willing to spend the extra for a Beaver. #2 Safari #3 Holiday Rambler Navigator.
As for how they drive. The only chassis I had issues with was the Freightliner. I now have a Spartan Chassis and it is the best I have owned.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote