RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2019, 05:10 PM   #1

Aqua-Hot and Genset starting problem

Hello all
I just became a member here as We just purchased a 2014 Itasca 42 QD (Winnebago) and having some issues that manual canít help with.
It so cold here (-15c and will get colder). Just gearing up to head to warmer climes like AZ
Canít get genset to start. No clicking or any indication that itís trying to start. It worked fine a month ago.
2) canít get Aqua Hot fired up. It worked a day ago.
3) when hooked up to 15 amp house shore power, canít seem to get coach to recognize it. I have verified power in shore cable.

I tried searching forum but canít seem to narrow down the search to my issues. There is tons of info here it seems but I canít find what I need.
Thnx

Oakbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the group !!

Are your batteries charged?

Old 01-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Wish I could help but don't have any suggestions on those problems. Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
The AHOT has a board with fault lights on it. I’m guessing the low voltage fault light is on. Near it is a reset hole...using a toothpick try resetting it assuming your batteries are above 12.0 V.

I would try holding the gen start switch on for up to a minute before giving up with it that cold.

Start the engine and let it charge your batteries if all else fails as it sounds like your house batteries are dead.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First off Congratulations on your new to you MONEY PIT

Now let's start from the beginning. First ensure that you have the House battery breaker switch on (not tripped) , this should be near the entrance door.
Now check your One pLace panel and see what your actual battery voltages are.
Hopefully you will find that somehow it got turned off while plugged into shore power.
Another thing to do is to crank up the engine and let it charge up the
Old 01-08-2019, 06:21 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like I got cutoff.
House batteries. Then attempt to start the generator again. You may still have to use the AUX Start switch if the House batteries don't do it.
When you do figure it out please post it so others can learn from you as you may learn from them or someone else.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #8

Problem Solved

Thanx all for your help. Pretty much everyone was on the right track. MH sat for too long unused and unmaintained (mostly my fault). Doesnít help when it is -15.
Turns out very discharged house batteries. Would not take a charge from shore power hook up. Letting Main engine run for better part of a day seemed to get things going and then allowed shore power to take over. Now all works (so far) : Aqua-Hot, gender and coach power.
Lesson learned: donít not use your motorhome regularly or, if you donít, maintain critical components.
Thnx
Oakbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #9

One other thing - chances are very, very good that your generator and AquaHot unit use your main fuel tank to draw from. To prevent users from burning dry their fuel tanks, the pickup tube(s) for these items only extend down to about the 25% level. If you've got about a quarter tank of diesel you're soon to run out of heat and generator.

That you had neither Aqua Hot nor genset working made me think of this.

Tags
problem