Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairajays View Post
Excuse me, what are you talking about, is it AquaHot? Doesn't make sense. The domestic hot water has nothing to do with the space heating system, they are separate systems within the same enclosure. There is an endless supply of domestic hot water as there is for space heating even when used at the same time. At least when heating with diesel.

Jim E
Not correct. When the demand for hot domestic water is created there is a temp sensor that detects cold water entering the boiler and therefore turns off the heat for the coach and delivers hot domestic water to the system. When the demand for hot domestic water ends the flow of cold water to the boiler stops and the heat for the coach begins again.

BigSkyBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Excuse me, what are you talking about, is it AquaHot? Doesn't make sense. The domestic hot water has nothing to do with the space heating system, they are separate systems within the same enclosure. There is an endless supply of domestic hot water as there is for space heating even when used at the same time. At least when heating with diesel.

Jim E
Jim..

I think CAT 330 is correct. I remember having read that the system will give preference to the coach hot water system when there is a STRONG demand for hot water IE showers or washer and then return to normal operations. Most of the time this switch would not be noticed unless the DW likes to take 30 minute showers.

Dick

Old 12-03-2011, 10:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
The only disadvantage is when you are running hot water, the heater stops pumping warm air. Once the demand for water stops, the heat starts back.
Quote:

Jim E
While that statement may not be true of the Aqua-Hot system, it is true of the Hydro-Hot system as evidenced by the following excerpt from my Hydro-Hot Model HHE-200-09E owners manual:

Quote:
NOTE: The Hydro-Hot’s “Domestic Water Priority System” disables
the interior Zone Heating Fans, Zone Circulation Pumps, and the
Engine Preheat Pump (if applicable) whenever domestic hot water is
being used on a continuous basis (i.e. during showers). Once the
demand for continuous domestic hot water ceases the Hydro-Hot
will enable the Fans and Pumps to operate and provide heat to the
Heating Zones. Please note that the Electronic Controller’s Low
Temperature Cuttoff Status indicator light will illuminate GREEN
whenever the Hydro-Hot is able to provide zone heating, reference
Figure 5.
Still, even in consideration of that fact, my wife and I both enjoy the Hydro-Hot. We both enjoy long hot showers. We have a washer that wants hot water. It delivers warm, moist heat.

Wednesday morning it was pretty cold here in the Texas Hill Country and I turned on the Engine Pre-Heat function about and hour before I had to start the big Cat diesel. When I turned the key the engine temp was already up to 120 degrees.

Needless to say we have become big fans of the system. Like others have said, you just have to do your annual maintenance, just like a boiler in a S&B house.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
While that statement may not be true of the Aqua-Hot system, it is true of the Hydro-Hot system as evidenced by the following excerpt from my Hydro-Hot Model HHE-200-09E owners manual:

Still, even in consideration of that fact, my wife and I both enjoy the Hydro-Hot. We both enjoy long hot showers. We have a washer that wants hot water. It delivers warm, moist heat.

Wednesday morning it was pretty cold here in the Texas Hill Country and I turned on the Engine Pre-Heat function about and hour before I had to start the big Cat diesel. When I turned the key the engine temp was already up to 120 degrees.

Needless to say we have become big fans of the system. Like others have said, you just have to do your annual maintenance, just like a boiler in a S&B house.
There is not any difference between the Aqua Hot or the Hydro Hot as far as I know it's just a name change. Yes, there are model changes in some of the new units and some newer units have different features and improvements. To all of us who enjoy the units we just like all trhings
hot.

Dick
Old 12-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' View Post
I agree with posts 4 & 5. With mine the only con I have is diesel exhaust into neighbors site.
My Aqua-Hot exhaust.
"http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/100_2580.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Old 12-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
My Aqua-Hot exhaust.
"http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/100_2580.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
What a great idea. Is that a kit or did you just rig it up?

Dick
Old 12-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd2 View Post
What a great idea. Is that a kit or did you just rig it up?

Dick
I fabed this myself. I have more pix and description if interested but easier to send if i have an email addy. Also works on the gen exhaust.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
The only disadvantage is when you are running hot water, the heater stops pumping warm air. Once the demand for water stops, the heat starts back.
And that so called feature "domestic water override" can be defeated with a single jumper wire on the control board....
Old 12-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
I fabed this myself. I have more pix and description if interested but easier to send if i have an email addy. Also works on the gen exhaust.
Bob..

You have a PM!
Old 12-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #24

Roger Berke is the expert. If he says it ,that's what it is. He's the man to get parts and or service. You can do a yearly service from parts through him for less than $30. Fastest shipping from the West.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #25

Commercial Member

Perry

Thanks for the kind words.

Some of the Aqua-Hot models DO turn the interior heat off when there is a demand for hot water (shower). I will explain a little bit about this, which should make it a little clearer.

All of the Hydro-Hot models, the 450 models, the 525 models and the 375 models give priority to making hot water. The full size Aqua-Hot models the 431, AHE-100 models and the D600 models do not have this feature. They have a much larger coolant storage tank and are able to make hot water and heat the coach at the same time. More information about different models on my website, here: www.RVHYD.com/RVHYDModelInfo.htm

When you are using hot water, the interior heat shuts off and the Aqua-Hot gives priority to making unlimited hot water. In most instances the interior heat will turn back on in a couple of minutes and you will not even notice it has been turned off.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #26

Quote:

Mine works exactly the same way...use hot water and the blowers turn off for until a minute after hot water stops

Jim E
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Berke View Post
Perry

Thanks for the kind words.

Some of the Aqua-Hot models DO turn the interior heat off when there is a demand for hot water (shower). I will explain a little bit about this, which should make it a little clearer.

All of the Hydro-Hot models, the 450 models, the 525 models and the 375 models give priority to making hot water. The full size Aqua-Hot models the 431, AHE-100 models and the D600 models do not have this feature. They have a much larger coolant storage tank and are able to make hot water and heat the coach at the same time. More information about different models on my website, here: www.RVHYD.com/RVHYDModelInfo.htm

When you are using hot water, the interior heat shuts off and the Aqua-Hot gives priority to making unlimited hot water. In most instances the interior heat will turn back on in a couple of minutes and you will not even notice it has been turned off.

- Roger Berke -
Thanks Roger for clearing that up. I happen to have an AquaHot model 431. My comment was addressing the original post concerning an "AquaHot" in a 1998 Safari. The subject somewhat shifted to "HydroHot". Did Vehicle Systems even make a HydroHot in 1998?

Jim E
Old 12-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #28

Commercial Member

The earliest Hydro-Hot units that I have seen in are in 1999 models. They were probably built in '98. It is very possible that the 1998 Safari has a Hydro-Hot model HHE-500-03x model.

The orginal units were called Hydro-Hots. They later changed the series number to Aqua-Hot model AHE-450 to eliminate confusion.

The model AHE-450 are very similar in layout and operation to the Hydro-Hot models. As always the newer models have improvements and refinements.

The different models work differently. Lots and lots of confusion about, "my model does not do that". The other thing that gets confusing is "which coolant does my model use". I added a graphic next to each model on my model description page. This is a general guideline. If your unit has sticker on it indicating that it needs the non-toxic propylene glycol coolant, you should of course use the Camco or equal coolant.

- Roger Berke -