Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
My Aqua-Hot exhaust.
"http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/100_2580.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
I can't speak for the aqua hot sytems but Onan recommends not using these exhaust extentions.
Cummins Onan
Look under "parts service & support", "download RV Generator Handbook" Page 3 read the complete right hand column.
As for the Aqua Hot systems, I want to thank everyone who posted here for this info. Questions were answered I had also but never asked.

dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #30

Commercial Member

Aqua-Hot has approved the Camco Gen-Turi for use with the Aqua-Hot systems. There is a factory service bulletin that addresses this. If anyone wants a copy, send me a personal email and I will send it to you.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.Forum.RVHYD.com

Old 12-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Berke View Post
Aqua-Hot has approved the Camco Gen-Turi for use with the Aqua-Hot systems. There is a factory service bulletin that addresses this. If anyone wants a copy, send me a personal email and I will send it to you.

- Roger Berke -
We have 07 Travel Supreme Limited with HHE- 200 09E,Hydro Hot, have replaced the thin wall Y hose connections with a heavy gauge Y, also have 2 clamps on the possible hose connections. Still have a anti freeze leak that cannot find, any suggestions?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #32

Commercial Member

If you have not yet replaced the plastic drain valve, that is probably what is leaking. Much more information on my Forum, link is below.

- Roger Berke -
Old 12-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #33

Aqua Hot

I would love to have an Aqua Hot system in my coach. I have a 2007 Fleetwood Providence 39V. I contacted Aqua Hot directly as they are just a few miles south of me in northern Colorado. They sent me to a mobile RV tech who was one of their technicians until he left to start his own business. His estimate for the installation including the unit itself was a little less than $20,000. I was prepared for $10,000 but $20,000 is just too much. I won't buy another RV without the AquaHot!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #34
DKO

We love our Aqua Hot in our 96 Vantare. Great hot water, great heat and always hot water when we arrive at our destination since the engine coolant runs through it as well. I also love the fact that I can use it to warm my engine before starting on bad cold mornings.

As far as I know, mine heats just fine even when the shower is on full demand.

Mine was in terrible shape when I purchased the coach because the yearly maintenance had been neglected. That was a pretty quick fix. The electric heating element went out on mine but I haven't replaced it yet. We didn't use that much any way. I will probably do that soon. Does anybody know much about changing that?

DKO
Old 12-17-2011, 07:57 AM   #35

Commercial Member

DKO

You probably have a model 431 or equal in your coach, which is the full size Aqua-Hot. It does not shut off the interior heat when making hot water.

The heating element rarely fails. Most of the time it is one of the thermostats. If your unit has serial number prior to 98001. then there is thermostat upgrade kit that adds a second (high limit) thermostat and replaces all of the 110 volt wiring.

Much more information on my Forum.

- Roger Berke -
Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 AM   #36
DKO

Thanks, Mr. Berke,

I will check the numbers. The electric side failed while we were gone one day. I would sometimes leave it on while the rest of our electric usage was low. I had the breaker turned on (As far as I know this is the only way I have to turn the electric element on) and when we came home we had no hot water. I looked in the panel and the breaker was tripped. I turned it off and then back on and it immediately tripped again. I assumed the element was bad but haven't pursued it.

Thanks again for the information. I went to your site last night after seeing your posts. It is nice to know you are out there with the knowledge we need on these things we love. Lol

DKO
Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #37

Commercial Member

DKO

My guess is that the A/C wire has failed. I am not exactly sure what type of wire was used, however the insulation around the wire fails. The 'hot' A/C wire touches the metal case and circuit breaker trips. That is what the wiring 'kit' addresses.

Every coach is setup differently, however it is not uncommon to only be able to turn off the electric element by turning off the circuit breaker. Most of the Bluebird coaches are done this way.

- Roger -
Old 12-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #38
DKO

Thumbs up Great Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Berke View Post
DKO

My guess is that the A/C wire has failed. I am not exactly sure what type of wire was used, however the insulation around the wire fails. The 'hot' A/C wire touches the metal case and circuit breaker trips. That is what the wiring 'kit' addresses.

Every coach is setup differently, however it is not uncommon to only be able to turn off the electric element by turning off the circuit breaker. Most of the Bluebird coaches are done this way.

- Roger -
That is great information. You have inspired me to crawl in and investigate.

Thank you,

DKO
Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #39
DKO

Talking Some Work Differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFXCH View Post
We also have a Aqua Hot heating system and love it. Domestic hot water(shower or any other hot water tap) has priority. Heaters turn off during domestic demand and turn on again as soon as taps a turned off. I assume all Aqua Hot systems work this way but I was wrong once before(grin).
Evidently some work differently. Read #35
Old 12-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Hey Jim E

We also love our Aqua Hot. Domestic hot water has first priority. when shower and other hot water taps are shut off, heaters restart again fairly quickly. I assume all Aqua Hot systems work this way but I was wrong once before (grin).
We also have a Aqua Hot heating system and love it. Domestic hot water(shower or any other hot water tap) has priority. Heaters turn off during domestic demand and turn on again as soon as taps a turned off. I assume all Aqua Hot systems work this way but I was wrong once before(grin).
Old 12-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #41

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKO View Post
Evidently some work differently. Read #35
They are similar, but work differently.

For model information, here: http://RVHYD.com/RVHYDModelInfo.htm

This listing is a work in progress, but gives you some idea of the different models.

- Roger -
www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Old 01-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Aqua Hot cold water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairajays View Post
Excuse me, what are you talking about, is it AquaHot? Doesn't make sense. The domestic hot water has nothing to do with the space heating system, they are separate systems within the same enclosure. There is an endless supply of domestic hot water as there is for space heating even when used at the same time. At least when heating with diesel.

Jim E
We were having problems with hot water in the shower, it would cool off quickly, some one suggested the valve in the shower needed to be replaced. I added that we had problems with hot water at the kitchen sink. Some advised it was probably the proporting valve at the aqua hot. Went out to check and discover my coolant reservoir was down to the intake valve. Put two gallons of propylene Boiler antifreeze in it and it seems to be working now. One cannot use just any antifreeze, it has to be the propylene boiler mix and it is like $24.00 a gallon.