Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #1

Aqua-Hot noise

For the price of these coaches or even the Aqua-Hot system itself, they seem pretty noisy. I have the 450D model and it’s pretty loud when the diesel burner is on. Is it just me or is this normal, can someone post a video of theirs running?
2aktravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
They can be loud, almost as loud as a generator. If you feel it's too loud, you can use a GenTuri when you're parked close to other campers.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:52 PM   #3

Aqua-Hot noise

Are you hearing noise from the exhaust or from the burner/ motor? Ours sounds like a small jet engine at the exhaust pipe but no worse than my previous propane water heater.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

I'm glad people are acknowledging how loud those things are. We were parked next to an RV with some sort of Aqua Hot thing and it was torture--it roared intermittently (like refer trucks), and the diesel exhaust was right at our front door.

Our propane water heater was really loud, but we replaced the tank the other day and at the same time adjusted the flame and it's super quiet now.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Are you hearing noise from the exhaust or from the burner/ motor? Ours sounds like a small jet engine at the exhaust pipe but no worse than my previous propane water heater.

It’s the burner/motor. The exhaust is st the very back of the coach and not noisy at all.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I'm glad people are acknowledging how loud those things are. We were parked next to an RV with some sort of Aqua Hot thing and it was torture--it roared intermittently (like refer trucks), and the diesel exhaust was right at our front door.

Our propane water heater was really loud, but we replaced the tank the other day and at the same time adjusted the flame and it's super quiet now.

We hardly ever use the diesel burner if we have 50 amp service we don’t need to, except when it’s 31 outside like last night [emoji15]
Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
They can be loud, almost as loud as a generator. If you feel it's too loud, you can use a GenTuri when you're parked close to other campers.

Not familiar with the GenTuri, off to google I go .......
Old 10-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Not all are loud.
Heck we barely hear ours even though we are sleeping right over it.
Ours is a hydro hot.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #9

Ours is a lot quitter than a generator or air conditioner. You can hear and smell it for sure and it is only used briefly when weather is warm. When camping in cold weather it is on but shouldn't bother anyone in the camp grounds we stay in as they have adequate space between sites. Really great heating system and the main reason we chose an all electric coach.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We always used a Gen-turi when parked next to someone.
I would not like to sit outside and have their exhaust

come at me.. Just being polite and neighborly.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:44 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Not all are loud.
Heck we barely hear ours even though we are sleeping right over it.
Ours is a hydro hot.
Ditto. I can't hear my Aqua-Hot from inside at all. I have to go outside if I want to confirm that it is running.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #12

Since it’s located near the burner/ motor I would suggest an evaluation by a certified AH tech. There are several internal parts that could be responsible for excessive noise, bearings being the most likely. We recently had our burner unit replaced and the noise reduction was dramatic.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman View Post
Since it’s located near the burner/ motor I would suggest an evaluation by a certified AH tech. There are several internal parts that could be responsible for excessive noise, bearings being the most likely. We recently had our burner unit replaced and the noise reduction was dramatic.
Great point, open up the compartment while it is running and listen and feel for vibration. Excessive noise or vibration and it is the burner/blower motor bearings or mounting.
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise