Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 06:28 AM   #43

Wow,

People, don't sweat the dumb stuff, you'll live longer. If you wake up to the sound of diesel in the morning, be glad you are awake instead of complaining.

Remember, everyday you wake up on the top side of the dirt is a good day. (Right)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 06:34 AM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
Honestly if this is your biggest complaint in life.... I want your life....
Did he say it was his Biggest Complaint?

And I've had Diesels like that at 6am when I was trying to sleep.

And it could be worse.. the performer below is a friend of mine and helped me when I first started singing in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=22&v=AM0vjNN644Y
Old 07-01-2015, 07:12 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
and the go fast cig boats. loud music, loud engines, half naked stripper girls.
We have a loud go fast boat (sorry). Tried the half naked stripper girls but DW was not as keen on the idea as I was. Don't play music loud though. Honestly the through transom exhaust was on the boat when we bought it and it was exactly what we we looking for. We found out later it is a major job to reverse the exhaust so we try to idle out and stay clear as possible of other boaters.

Idling wise we will usually try to find somewhere on the way out like a parking lot or the side of the road to connect the toad. We do have to let the air bags air up before moving at all though.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
At least they have their life jackets.
Yes they are FDA approved not to shure about USCG
Old 07-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #47
Community Administrator

Lets please get back on topic. Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 07-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #48

As a newbie, have already lived through the DP heading out early in the morning, but no worse than the diesel pickup and the 5th wheel that you also get all the noise related to hooking up. But, least that is in the morning, when at some point I'll be getting up anyway.

What is more irritating, is the late night arrival of any RVer that instead of just pulling in, and going to bed and worry about getting all set up in the morning, spends an hour making sure they are perfectly set up in the space, does all thier hook ups, sets up the patio, and makes a racket in the middle of the night .
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
As a newbie, have already lived through the DP heading out early in the morning, but no worse than the diesel pickup and the 5th wheel that you also get all the noise related to hooking up. But, least that is in the morning, when at some point I'll be getting up anyway.

What is more irritating, is the late night arrival of any RVer that instead of just pulling in, and going to bed and worry about getting all set up in the morning, spends an hour making sure they are perfectly set up in the space, does all thier hook ups, sets up the patio, and makes a racket in the middle of the night .

So sorry,

but I had an early business meeting in the morning and wouldn't have time to do the set up then.

I know, excuses excuses.....
Old 07-01-2015, 08:00 AM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
We have had travel trailers, Class C's and now the pusher. I am very aware of the noise and smell. I avoid leaving before 8am if at all possible. If in a pull through, we get the toad all ready the evening before if possible and everything put away. If not in a pull through, we pull to an area where we are away from the campsites, shut down and get the toad setup.
For our coach, we need to start up to get the airbags inflated, we get the leveling jacks up and then shutdown to put the slides in. (Monaco wants the airbags inflated and levelers up to move the slides).
I agree that it would be great if everyone just treated everyone else the way they want to be treated.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #51

I've done just what you mentioned and you make a good point - I'll be sure to shut down in the future - it will make the job cooler as well.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It is amazing how these kind of threads about "common curtesy" turn into generational wars. Common theme is blame it on the newest generation because they have a sense of entitlement above all others.

It's really pretty simple. People are people and I've seen my fair share of older folks that lack in curtesy but I don't blame the whole generation. I've seen plenty of "younger" generational folks that are full of curtesy so I don't let those lacking in that area affect my overall view of them.

Sometimes it is simply an educational thing. I'm surprised that there isn't more commentary on the practice of excessive and idling in general.

For ME I haven't been as bothered by idling diesels as I have by party animals and I ain't talking about the gophers either. LOL But...that is a whole other thread that would just be a re-hashing of that subject. LOL

I repeat...unnecessary idling is a waste of fuel and in some cases shows a lack of courtesy for those near you. I think that sums it up pretty well.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Lets please get back on topic. Thanks
This left the actual topic long ago, amazing some of the bickering that can take off on certain threads.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
I want to know why the heck people are up and hitting the road before 8!! They're supposed to be relaxing!
The quite hours is over in most campgrounds before 8.
Hours are usually on the paper they give you at sign in with all the other rules.

I'm retired Full Time and in no hurry, usually leave a little after 7 AM so I can be at that nights stop by 2-4 PM and set up.
Or that leaving at that time will get me to Atlanta, GA around 11 to 1 and miss rush hour.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I would not warm it up longer than it takes to air it up.
For me ... it's a combination of "airing it up" ... and getting the engine and trans up to temp. I avoid moving the coach until the engine temp is over 110 degrees and the trans temp is over 90 degrees. If the engine and/or trans temps aren't up to operating temperatures - the coach balks when a load is introduced. On a typical 70 degree morning - that's between 4-5 minutes of idling.

I try to be considerate of neighbors and not fire things up too early ... and avoid letting it sit and idle any longer than I must. But, I gotta do what I gotta do. Personally, if forced to choose - I'll take the relatively steady noise of an idling DP over the sounds of rookies shouting back and forth to/at one another while they fumble about hitching up their TT / 5er.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #56

Ever think that the EPA may be driving all these cautions about extended idling we see in the books? I don't believe idling is energy efficient or economically efficient (idling a 400 HP diesel to heat a truck cab) but I also do not believe it hurts the engine. Big Brother Is Watching.
Closed Thread