Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKO View Post
I posted about the whole process HERE.

Davy
Hi Davy, that is a great write-up. Really appreciate it.
Mine is 14 years old by now, maybe it's the time. I'll call HWH on Monday to find out more about it.
I am not sure if your suspension is made by HWH or else. The GY airbags - did you buy them from the suspension manufacturer or a third party? If latter, how do you know the parts no?
Regards.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Attached above the front axle will be the ride height valve. It has a couple of air lines and wires attached to it and then a lever and .............

There are no wires attached to a ride height valve. I have the same coach chassis as the OP with the exception of length and I have changed all of my valves at one time or another.

Now you got the poor guy worried that his bags are going to blow any minute.

Another thing to check is the pressure relief valve. If it sticks open, you can't inflate

Old 07-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #17

Mine has a ride height valve on each side of the front and one rear....
Old 07-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One thing I noticed and no one mentioned it so maybe I am totally wrong but the guy replaces his shocks on the front end could he have accidentally punctured an air line or pulled one out of its connection. He certainly acts like no air getting to the air bags. If it worked before he replaced the shocks then I would think maybe something happened to the lines or a solenoid while he was working on the shocks.

I had a freightliner garage drain my hydraulic fluid out and change it. When I got the vehicle fluid was draining out of one of the couplings. I took it back and they fixed it. The mechanic said he never touched that hose and coupling but probably hit it when he was getting the drain plug out. Something like that might have happened to the poster when he was replacing the shocks.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
There are no wires attached to a ride height valve. I have the same coach chassis as the OP with the exception of length and I have changed all of my valves at one time or another.

Now you got the poor guy worried that his bags are going to blow any minute.

Another thing to check is the pressure relief valve. If it sticks open, you can't inflate
On my Spartan chassis each air valve has a solenoid on it triggered by the leveling jacks control panel.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #20

I am an SOB here--but have to think there is a ride heighth valve for each wheel--no wires attached, purely mechanical. If the valve has wires attached, its more likely the dump valve for the suspension.....If air pressure is building up and air compressor is shutting down, but not getting to the bags, it sounds more like a valve issue--bag age is another issue.....
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #21

If worked before and rod knocked off tgen gravity would pull it downward simulating too high and release air from bag

Locate the valve and link first and make sure in place.

May need to drive up on blocks.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
I don't care what other chassis manufacturers put on their chassis. The Country Coach DynoMax chassis that the OP has, has ONE ride valve in the front and TWO in the rear. There are no wires attached to any of them, only two air lines.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #23

Getting back to your problem, I had that happen once and a truck mechanic told me to push the hyd button twice to activate the auto-leveling system, let it complete the cycle, then after it had shut off automatically, turn it on by pushing the hyd button once, then push the store button. It worked flawlessly! After re-starting the HWH system that way the bags inflated normally. He said the HWH system just needed reset since it had been interrupted mid-cycle.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
One thing I noticed and no one mentioned it so maybe I am totally wrong but the guy replaces his shocks on the front end could he have accidentally punctured an air line or pulled one out of its connection. He certainly acts like no air getting to the air bags. If it worked before he replaced the shocks then I would think maybe something happened to the lines or a solenoid while he was working on the shocks.

I had a freightliner garage drain my hydraulic fluid out and change it. When I got the vehicle fluid was draining out of one of the couplings. I took it back and they fixed it. The mechanic said he never touched that hose and coupling but probably hit it when he was getting the drain plug out. Something like that might have happened to the poster when he was replacing the shocks.
no, i ordered the shocks but they have not arrived yet, that being said i have not touched that area so far. i will probably do all things there once for all when all parts arrived.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
May need to drive up on blocks.
You are right - currently it's so low i even couldn't stick my head underneath there. how to lift the monster up is a challenge for me now
Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 PM   #26
DKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
Hi Davy, that is a great write-up. Really appreciate it.
Mine is 14 years old by now, maybe it's the time. I'll call HWH on Monday to find out more about it.
I am not sure if your suspension is made by HWH or else. The GY airbags - did you buy them from the suspension manufacturer or a third party? If latter, how do you know the parts no?
Regards.
Thanks. The bags on my coach are pretty standard and can be purchased widely. Jeff Rowe from East Tennessee Luxury Coach ordered mine from Prevost. Prevost often has the best price on bags IF it is a part number they carry.

As far as the original posters problem I am not qualified to answer that. I apologize if I pointed the conversation toward air bags. It may not be his problem. I was originally responding to this.

Air bags very seldom fail or get old. There are buses and trucks with air bags that have thousands of miles and many years of use.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

I know this much, air problems drive me nuts.

Davy
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
And I still stand behind what I had stated earlier.

My opinion is with all due respect that DKO's air bags are the exception and NOT the norm.

I have 8 air bags, two for each front wheel and two for each set of dual wheels in the rear. There is one air bag in front of and one air bag to the rear of each wheel.

I have posted one photo of an air bag on the front axle. It is difficult to get a photo because I had to hold up the air bag dirt sweeper to get a clear shot.

These bags are almost 13 years old. The coach was delivered to the original owners in 9/2001.

I am not about to replace 8 air bags just because they are over 10 years old.

Air bags are not the same as tires even though they are both made of rubber.

Just my opinion.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1033.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	66993  
Old 07-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
no, i ordered the shocks but they have not arrived yet, that being said i have not touched that area so far. i will probably do all things there once for all when all parts arrived.
I apologize I misunderstood your post. I think you have some posters on here that are very familiar with your coach and leveling systems. I am going to just sit back and watch to see what the final problem ended up being.