Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #1

Are my Tail Lights Working Right??

Hello:

I'm getting feedback when I hook-up the toad and may have found the problem, but not the fix yet....That's when you guys come in, hahaha.

RV Ignition key OFF and depress the brake pedal both brake lights come on. While holding the brake pedal and hit the right turning signal the right brake light goes off and the same with the left signal the left brake light goes off. When the RV ignition key ON and depress the brake and hit the right or left signal everything works fine. When the key is OFF, why is affecting my brake light?

I do have LED tail lights..Bargman Triple LED Tail Light for RV camper Trailer motorhome 5th Wheel | eBay

and LED aftermarket sidelights. Thanks for your time!
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2016, 10:07 PM   #2

Because the brake light power goes through turn signal switch.
If it had key on power the flasher would flash that side.
Thats my guess anyway,without wiring diagram.
GBRG07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #3

How often do you drive with the key off?
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRG07 View Post
Because the brake light power goes through turn signal switch.
If it had key on power the flasher would flash that side.
I agree , the flasher power that would flash the lights is an ignition powered circuit, the signal switch interrupts the brake light power to that side and does flash the lights if the key is on . No key on , no flashing . All normal.

Tags
light, lights