Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #57

Regarding the Pace Arrow...

Check the ceiling for any evidence of water leaks. Climb up on the roof and check the condition. If neither are clean and undamaged then walk away.

The GV OD and Banks kit shows someone invested some money in her - unfortunately neither will help the fuel consumption - expect between 4.5 and 6mpg max. I had a similar unit so no from experience.

Be prepared to check out and replace water lines and watch for any leaks on the storage tanks - they can be very hard to get too. Anything else is just time and a little money and you sound capable enough.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveclv View Post
Regarding the Pace Arrow...

Check the ceiling for any evidence of water leaks. Climb up on the roof and check the condition. If neither are clean and undamaged then walk away.

The GV OD and Banks kit shows someone invested some money in her - unfortunately neither will help the fuel consumption - expect between 4.5 and 6mpg max. I had a similar unit so no from experience.

Be prepared to check out and replace water lines and watch for any leaks on the storage tanks - they can be very hard to get too. Anything else is just time and a little money and you sound capable enough.
I do know that the interior ceiling is falling in a few places, Waiting for pics to see extent of this needed repair.

Based on your comments I should forget it already? CORRECT.
And with what I am doing with HHO i know I can get over 15. (wishful Thinking only at this point) have done it on my v10 f250SD i am getting 18/19 on freeway.

Really wanted everything that is in this unit already done I can fix ceiling glue failures. but if more than that then I agree walk/run away.

Scott

Old 07-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #59

Thor Owners Club
I purchased a 95 Thor Manor last year for $12K, put another $3K into it replacing the house batteries, fixing the furnace, oil change, lube, 2 new front tires, etc. and I lived and traveled all over the USA from Alberta, Canada for 6 months before returning home again. Absolutely no problems at all and am planning on doing the same this winter again. No repairs needed. I had it all checked thoroughly by a mechanic before leaving last fall and will do the same this fall, but don't expect any surprises. The biggest thing is how well the previous owner maintained it. Preventive maintenance is key. The one I bought had all the maintenance records and the PO was a handyman, so there was nothing that had to be done to it. The only reason they sold it was because he had a heart attack and could no longer travel. Keep looking and you will find the right deal. I took about 6 months of looking before finding this one.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #60

I think I have even better than the PA i found a Itasca Sunflyr 31

http://media.goitasca.com/models/glo...nflyer-bro.pdf

this one has all the previous had, plus no ceiling problems and it has solar panels on it
it has GV and Doug Thorley headers and 3" exhaust with new Cat, water filtration system new tires 3 months. 45k miles and real sharp looking. 4k