Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #1

Arizona road tax on vehicles with 3 axles or over 26,000 lbs

have seen and been intimidated by the postings on most all diesel pumps in AZ with the label stating that if you are three axles or over 26,000Lbs you must use a truck pump and pay the additional 18 cents tax. I just did some searching and find the following explanation.

RV Arizona: Arizona fuel tax rumor goes viral -- here's the real story

As you will read in the above post our MHs are exempt from this additional tax and can thus use the RV pumps that do not charge this added tax. As it also says though, if you wish to use the truck pumps you will likely have to pay this tax.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, good to know.

2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #3

Thank you Ted. That clears up the situation entirely. If you haven't already, post that to the escapees.com forum, I'm sure it will be welcomed.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #4

Blow ever if you pay the tax at the truck pump you are supsose to be able to get a refund at the counter.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Blow ever if you pay the tax at the truck pump you are supsose to be able to get a refund at the counter.
Yep. DO NOT PAY AT PUMP IF IT'S CHARGING THE HIGHER RATE. Go inside and you can get the correct rate. They usually handle it as a deduction after you pump at the higher rate. Some stations will not issue a "refund" if you close the transaction with a pay at the pump.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #6

I'm wondering if Flying J, Loves,TA would do the correction or just suggest I go on down the road for that cheaper price. Anybody tried the big truck stops?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Shaw View Post
I'm wondering if Flying J, Loves,TA would do the correction or just suggest I go on down the road for that cheaper price. Anybody tried the big truck stops?
I won't fuel at these places due to their ridiculous high prices, but I've heard they will correct at the fuel desk as long as you don't complete the transaction at the pump.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #8

Haven't seen a truck pump that lets you pay at the pump. I am always forced to go inside since the pumps don't take credit cards. Therefore they will agree to lower price prior to my pumping or I may go get my lunch while the RV sits at the pump. And then I'll go somewhere that wants to follow the law. I am also getting tired of the flying j crap of having such high prices.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #9

I agree, but I think FJ will let you pay at the truck pump with their special non-credit/credit (fuel charge) card.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have one of those cards, and it always say see cashier.😠

Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona