Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #1

Assistance Please

Hello, this may not be the right forum so if not will somebody please correct me?
I am a disabled veteran and due to circumstances my wife and I made the decision to let our house go and move into our old J37 Pace Arrow. While all the systems work including the washer and dryer it looks it's age and we are finding a lot of parks won't take it on a semi full time basis. Sorry, I know this is a long sob story. As result we made the decision to take everything we had in the bank and bid on similar Holiday Rambler Endeavor several years newer on Ebay sold by Clear Choice RV in Colton, Ca. Since winning the bid I have been getting a really bad feeling we have been had and the unit is not as represented. Dealer will not return calls and refuses to provide updated photos. Good news is that I have only paid the $250.00 deposit. I have read several reviews about the dealer almost all of which seem to be bad. I was wondering if anyone can enlighten or advise me? Please feel free to contact me directly. Thank You, Evan Kline

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Run!!

gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
How did you pay the deposit? Hopefully not with cash or bank transfer!
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
Run!!
Thanks Chief, by the way I was an RD/OS a few decades ago. Already running.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
How did you pay the deposit? Hopefully not with cash or bank transfer!
Paid through Ebay/PayPal. I think they will refund in light of misrepresentations.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #6

Looks like "your" RV is already relisted. They have a lot of units on ebay. They aren't answering calls? Strange. What has you thinking its misrepresented?

And your feedback sounds like you don't want it?
"I'm sorry, I am not able to use this. I live in Atlanta and this will not work!"

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Have you thought of using the money, you would spend on another RV, to improve the appearance of your current RV? Fix any body damage and maybe a new paint job? It may be less expensive to fix your reliable RV so it is as pretty as it is reliable.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Wonder how many people that dealer collected $250 from!

You probably just need to FIDO him! (Forget It and Drive On)

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
I have found that any parks that won't take us with our 87 Holiday Rambler MH, we either don't want to stay at or can't afford them anyway.
There are a lot of parks that will take older RV's.
Good luck, and Thank you for your Service!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Looks like "your" RV is already relisted. They have a lot of units on ebay. They aren't answering calls? Strange. What has you thinking its misrepresented?

And your feedback sounds like you don't want it?
"I'm sorry, I am not able to use this. I live in Atlanta and this will not work!"
Tim, I'm not sure they ever took it off. One of the horror stories I read was from a fellow who bought one through ebay, paid in full & before he got there to take delivery they resold it for more money. Four months later he still had not gotten his money back. As for my feelings they would not send me updated photos with a date stamp. And I specifically asked about tire tread depth and requested a picture of tread and tire date. They refused. This is because of another horror story. A smarta-- salesman when I asked about the online pictures told me that it didn't look near as good as the pictures made it seem. Big red flag. When you are an out of state buyer you rely on the pictures and description to make a decision. I asked about the onboard systems and all they would say is "we're not responsible for making sure they work. That's your risk." Another red flag. Why would they have a problem telling me what worked and what didn't? As for calling them, they do not answer their own phones. You have to go through an answering service and request a call back. And you have to do it several times because they don't. The only way I finally got called was to send an email threatening to cancel to the owner. Lastly, they were insisting that I wire the full payment and signed contract before I got there. Would not wait 5 days for me to bring a cashier's check. Evan
Old 08-18-2016, 05:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
Have you thought of using the money, you would spend on another RV, to improve the appearance of your current RV? Fix any body damage and maybe a new paint job? It may be less expensive to fix your reliable RV so it is as pretty as it is reliable.
Actually that was an idea before and is now again. The only problem is it has really serious delam issues. I suspect that the end cap would have removed to fix the side walls. Maybe a whole new shell?
Old 08-18-2016, 05:46 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A quick search shows nothing good about this place. $250 is not a great loss. Move on and forget about it. Don't buy anything untll you touch it.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:05 AM   #13

I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but a MH would be just about the last place I would invest my hard earned cash if it were getting low.

Unless you are able to do the work yourself, I don't see fixing up your existing coach as a real good investment either.

Maybe a mobile home, a park model, or a larger travel trailer?
Old 08-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
DTS

Country Coach Owners Club
Yes, consider that $250 the cost of an education and run like the wind.

I'm familiar with that place. I live fairly close to it and my wife and I looked through a few of their coaches when we were shopping earlier this year. With almost no exceptions, everything on their lot is JUNK. From the street some of them look nice but as soon as you get up close you begin to see that every one of these coaches suffered some terrible abuse at the hands of the previous owners. Almost all of them smelled very foul inside, most had tons of broken cabinetry and fixtures, stained carpets, compartment doors falling off their hinges, etc. Their prices are actually pretty good for the coaches they list, that's what drew my attention. But my wife and I left there feeling like we needed a shower LOL...

I asked the salesman that showed us around what the deal was with all of these oprhaned and abused coaches. He said that most of them they buy at auction, mostly out of the south. To me that means flood damage, drug enforcement confiscations, repossessions, etc. Uh-uh, not for me.

Probably the most heart-breaking thing I saw there was a 2008 Pacifica by National RV. I worked at National RV until its implosion and was very proud of the work we had put into the Pacifica, it was a beautiful coach that would have become our flagship if the company hadn't augered in. When I saw the one on their lot I was instantly drawn to it but as I got closer my heart began to sink. There was a worker inside who was shampooing the carpet so they didn't want to let me go inside. But I insisted and they relented. Inside was a horror. The guy really had his work cut out for him on that carpet, stains everywhere and the smell of mold. Broken tiles on the floor, cracked countertops, scrapes and gouges on the interior wood. But the worst was that someone had tried to paint the interior wood. All of it--cabinets, wall panels, etc. They had painted it some hideous brown, right over the hinges too. I know for a fact that coach was built with beautiful hand crafted solid wood cabinetry because I was there when it was built. I could only guess the idiots who owned decided they wanted a dark interior and maybe it had been built with a maple or light oak finish. Whatever their reason they simply ruined the interior of the coach. But judging by the rest of the condition of the coach I guess they just didn't care. So it either got confiscated in a drug bust, repossessed for non-payment, or totaled by an insurance company and the douchebags at that dealership wound up buying it at auction. While I'm sure whoever ended up with it bought it cheap, I still feel sorry for them. That Pacifica is just one example, they have a sales lot crammed full of similar sad stories!

Ironically the place is right next to Colton Truck Terminal Garage, where I have chassis work done on my Country Coach. The difference in integrity is night and day.

1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote