Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
At my wits end with water flow issue

Ok, I've read and read, trod this tried that. I don't have a filter. I experimented with all the levers in all different configs. 01 islander with water flow issues. Worked fine for the last few months while full timing at a trailer court. Then I filled the holding tanks to go tailgating this last weekend in Atlanta and all worked well for 3 days. Then before leaving y'day, I noticd no flow whatsoever. Plenty of people in and out so I just figured tanks ere empty. Then after hooking back up to shore water, still nothing. Took off the shurflo pressure reducing valve and cleaned a bunch of calcium out. Good flow when lever set to fill holding tank. Nothing comes when I select " city water serve" .the pump comes on if turn of spigot , set levers to city , inlet to pump and bypass heater. The flies following me around told me I NEED A SHOWER. Please help , late nite cell phone pic. Oh yeah there was this coupler Attached couming directly frm the hose reel end on the inlet. I tried a non plunger style from the outdoor shower with no luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2278985018.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	422.4 KB
ID:	32353   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2991501927.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	32354  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-121792246.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	32355   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-633481913.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	32356  

anewtoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I'm wondering is there a lever or something other than in the wet bay that may have gotten turned?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi anewtoi,
The clue is when you turn to valve to supply city water directly to the coach. If the only thing you are doing is turning the lever that diverts the water to the tank or the coach plumbing, that is a good place to start the diagnostics. With no water in the coach, one must look at the place where this could happen. That is the lever.

The pump comes on because there may not be enough pressure in the system when you select city water. For me, my pump is turned off anytime I am going to use city water.

As to having water in the coach, just continue to fill the water tank and use the tank/pump water, until you get it fixed.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
yes sir, normal troubleshooting is start at what changed last ...

BUT, do some ez first checks,
just like with an electrical issue where you make sure the power is making it to each junction - do the same for the water flow issue...

make sure the water at the source is still on first
did park turn water off for freeze alert ?
then does it comes out your hose, etc...

then start verifyuing that it makes it thru each connection, valve...

good luck !
Old 01-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Thanks Gary. I'm just going to have to call the pros. I stayed up till midnight checking rechecking and rechecking the rechecking. It's more than just the levers or simple hardware. No water from tank or city. I did hear the pump trying to engage after I thought I was going to bed at 1am, that was when I finally turned of the parks water supply. So I got up and turned the pump off, that would suggest the pump is ok, right?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #6

I see you have the hose hooked to your reel. Have you bypassed the reel and hooked directly to the coach? Also, just because the pump is running doesn't mean it is pumping. The valves in my pump went bad and hd to be replaced. Can you hear water filling your tank when hooked up and valve in fill position?
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ok, here's my daily dumb question. The valve is what ive been calling the lever, correct? And Yes, when I switch to "tank fill" I hear water rush to tank.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
And I had to wait till today to try bypassing the reel because the hose incorporated into the reel and doesn't disconnect. Didn't have fittings to use the shower hose. It did have a one way quick connect and I took it off and same thing
Old 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #9

Have you tried disconnecting the hose from the motor home and checking for flow? Maybe a kink in the rolled up hose.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #10

If the tank fills with no problem, but NO "city water" makes it to the coach then I would have to suspect that valve. Another problem could be a hose screen is plugged like the one you already found. IF you have a hose screen between the outlet on the city water valve and the coach, that could be plugged. I think I would break all hose connections and inspect/replace all screens in the system, which I do as part of annual maintenance.
Route 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hi anewtoi,

I read the information in your post #5 different than in the OP. Now you have no water, in the coach, from either the pump or city as the water source. Is this correct? If so, it makes this easier to solve. I do not know your brand of coach. The only places you need to look are where the tank/pump and city water connect to the rest of the coach plumbing. At that connection and before any branch to different parts of the coach is made is where the problem is.

The only way to determine if the pump is okay is to fix this problem first. Put at least 1/4 water in the tank. See if the pump does its' job. For me, I would not concern myself with the pump. It worked all weekend. Most likely it still works.

In the OP, I am confused as to the meaning of "the pump comes on if turn of spigot , set levers to city , inlet to pump and bypass heater. " I do not understand the "inlet to pump".
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #12

Silly question... Was the temp above freezing when the failure started?
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi anewtoi,

I read the information in your post #5 different than in the OP. Now you have no water, in the coach, from either the pump or city as the water source. Is this correct? If so, it makes this easier to solve. I do not know your brand of coach. The only places you need to look are where the tank/pump and city water connect to the rest of the coach plumbing. At that connection and before any branch to different parts of the coach is made is where the problem is.

The only way to determine if the pump is okay is to fix this problem first. Put at least 1/4 water in the tank. See if the pump does its' job. For me, I would not concern myself with the pump. It worked all weekend. Most likely it still works.

In the OP, I am confused as to the meaning of "the pump comes on if turn of spigot , set levers to city , inlet to pump and bypass heater. " I do not understand the "inlet to pump".
Sorry, I see I was somewhat misleading with, "pump comes on". It was powering on, still no water inside. It did work properly all weekend. Also, the far right valve is labeled "tank to pump" and "inlet to pump". In the third pic, it is behind the hose from the reel. Also, the "tank to pump setting is marked with an * for normal use
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFireMedic View Post
Silly question... Was the temp above freezing when the failure started?
Temp was above freezing.