Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Atwood Levellegs Electric Motors

I've had a lot of intermittent problems with my automatic leveling system not doing the final leveling phase. When the red and green lights flash on & off I've found that once the system is reset if I twirl the nut on the end of the motor several times by hand then I can retract the offending leg using the manual switch positions. But it does not always allow me to finish the auto sequence.

From experience with electric motors I'm thinking it's a dirty spot on the armature and while moving the motor to a different spot allows me to retract them it does no good for the automatic leveling. So for reliability purposes it's time to replace them all since they've all malfunctioned at one time or another. I only just bought this unit last September and have no idea how often the system was used by the previous owner.

Anyone know of a source for the motors? Preferably a vendor from the board.

Markings on motor;

Quote:
Atwood Mobil
66104 12VDC
PD-35F-100
E186696 I/P not (sure of the I/p paint is smudged)
300WAOM
08 22 05

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #2

John,

You might want to start with Fleetwood parts at 800-322-8216 and have your FIN handy (Fleetwood Identification Number). They can lookup the the exact part number and give you a price. I don't recall if Atwood sells direct or not, but with the part number you can try them. However be warned, the jacks run about $800 or so. We have had intermittent problems with our driver rear side. We made a trip to Decatur last spring as we had bought an extended service contract that was about to expire. But the jacks would not fail while we were there. However, they have been very good since. I can only recall having to 'spin the nut' once, maybe twice since we stopped last May. We are full time and just 'dropped anchor' for the 88th and last time for this year. So our jacks do get a bit of use. Good luck with it,

Bob

Old 12-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Bob I've called and left a message at that number. I have a extended warranty I bought with the unit. I've already read about having to buy the jack unit as one piece and the only reason I'm working on it is I don't want to have to drive it somewhere else at this time in the heavy road salt we have around here, but on the same token I don't want to have down time during traveling season.

I've had the left front jack and motor out since that is the most offending one and if need be I'm sure having the motors rebuilt would be a less expensive route.

I'll be reading my extended warranty a lot closer this week end then give them a call after I have my ducks in a row.

Thank you again for the number.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Atwood is located approxitmately 275 miles from you in Elkhart, In. Maybe you can make an appointment for them to R&R your jacks. 574-264-2131.
Internet: RV Components, Gas Appliances, Marine Products, Chassis Components, Seating Systems, Windows and Doors from Atwood Mobile.

Hope this helps

jack
Old 12-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm actually way more north than that, Lake superior is almost my back yard (could not afford that). The jack assembly is relatively easy to R&R and the motor itself is even easier.

Fleetwood did call back and they do sell parts direct, the jacks are in stock, yes you must buy the assembly not the motor itself, but the cost of the whole assembly is actually well worth the cost they quoted versus what has been posted multiples of times.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I'm actually way more north than that, Lake superior is almost my back yard (could not afford that). The jack assembly is relatively easy to R&R and the motor itself is even easier.

Fleetwood did call back and they do sell parts direct, the jacks are in stock, yes you must buy the assembly not the motor itself, but the cost of the whole assembly is actually well worth the cost they quoted versus what has been posted multiples of times.
I am having problems as well and it does not look like Atwood will help me so I may have to purchase a control board and a jack and would be very interested in what you found out about the cost of a jack assembly
Thank you
Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found this leveler on ebay
NEW ATWOOD LEVELEGS RV LEVEL SYSTEM CONTROL + KEYPAD - eBay (item 120648369104 end time Dec-16-10 10:40:05 PST)

Front jack was a few dollars under $350. and the rear just under $500. a far cry from some of the other prices I've seen posted of $800. to $1000.

I'm still not deceided if I"ll just take the motor to a local shop and have it rebuilt.

I took the top off the jack for the heck of it and after seeing this I can understand the pricing of them.

See My RV Upgrades
Old 12-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello John
Thank you very much for the information. Just getting ready to leave Alberta and will have to fix this in AZ or Cal.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have a safe trip.
See My RV Upgrades
Old 01-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #10

JohnRR
Atwood will sell jacks direct call tell them rv model yr. front or rear they ship
I ordered one for my 08 KS3910 rear was 10,000 lb jack cost 900.00 plus shipping

missey & sam
Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by missey View Post
JohnRR
Atwood will sell jacks direct call tell them rv model yr. front or rear they ship
I ordered one for my 08 KS3910 rear was 10,000 lb jack cost 900.00 plus shipping

missey & sam
Hi
I see that your coach is a 2008 and I wonder why the Atwood 2 year warrantee did not cover that cost.
Thanks
George
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoSKlak View Post
Hi
I see that your coach is a 2008 and I wonder why the Atwood 2 year warrantee did not cover that cost.
Thanks
George
George
Jacks were 6 mths out of warrantee shaft from moter to jack leg broke into ,atwood did give 200.00 off price and free shipping over night
I installed

missey sam elaine