Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
auto jacks say low voltage

We are in a camp ground and a couple next to us can not get there jacks up.This is a brand new American revolution tag .We have a Monaco and things work different than ours.
His panel says low voltage were he puts his jacks up.Can not get to work on manual? Any one know about this coach,we would like to help.
You can call me if you know any thing i would like to help them.
Tim 972-971-5171. help a couple in trouble????
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't have that coach but if he has HWH jacks he must have a good charge on his house batteries to get them to work. Check the voltage at the batteries would be my first suggestion. Make sure the coach is unplugged from power to get an accurate reading. Sounds like his inverter may not be charging the batteries when plugged in to power.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #3

I would start genny or engine to see if that brings up the voltage, then retract levelers
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

Rev engine to 2200 rpms to bring voltage up then all should work fine
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #5

Ours does the same on the low voltage.. A little goose on the gas it goes away...
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #6

I have noticed the same thing from time to time and always checked the battery levels. Great trick!

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 09-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

2x on revving the engine. Ours are on the chassis, not the house battery. So I have to wait about two minutes for the circuit to kick in (there's a delay built in the circuits) and sometimes rev it up a little. I've also gotten into the habit of leaving the shore line plugged in until after I've done all hydraulics (slide & jacks).

The couple of times I've forgotten I've found that firing up the genny fixes the problem.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We tried all these things,nothing worked. He did get a man that works on the fire trucks on the island,what he did was put a jack under the coaches jacks and we manually released the hydraulic pressure and they pushed them up.The man that came out said it looked like the solenoid or pump problem.
We tried everything everyone suggested.They only have a 5 hr drive home then it is back to the dealer. I felt sorry for them that we could not fix the problem.This coach has less than a 1000 miles on it .That goes to show even new things break.We bough a 2006 Monaco diplomat,the p/o told me he had a few major problems when his was new.There is always something to fix.
Thanks everyone for your help.He called last night and said they made it home he is putting a punch list together and take it back to have it worked on.
I have learned a lot about our coach ,but there are so many system out there.I feel about going to one of those 10 week r/v repair schools so i can fix any problems we have and maybe be able to help someone like this out next time.
Thanks again.
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks