Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #1

Auto level light

We have a 2003 travel supreme select with an equalizer systems auto level. A red light has come on in the middle of the control panel and now the jacks won't go down. When I press the auto level button or push the individual jack down buttons it just beeps at me. When I press all retract or any of the up buttons you can hear it work. I have been looking at the manuals online and I can't find the correct manual for our system or a difinitive answer as to what this light is indicating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2730881883.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	540.2 KB
ID:	19346

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm not sure about your system but do you have the emergency brake on. Ours requires this before the jacks will go down. Hope you get it figured out.

I just found a website equalizersystems.com. It makes mention of your ignition key needing possible to be in either the "off" or "aux" position depending on the wiring scheme used when the system was installed. You might just want to go to their site and look at the maual that is provided in PDF form. A whole lot of reading there.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #3

We have been traveling since January and the jacks have been working fine. Then last week when we put them up this red light came on. I have all the manuals to the system and I read everything online but there isn't anything that shows our exact control panel or what this light means. Equalizer systems website just isn't very helpful and they don't answer the phone when you call....ok done venting! I was just hoping someone on here could help me identify this light so I can try to troubleshoot the problem.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Hydraulic, air or electric motor? If hydraulic check fluid level
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am guessing the light in the middle means "Level" however as someone else said.

The unit reads both transmission gear selector (PARK SWITCH) and the parking brake light switch..And that being a RED light, it might mean "Set brakes and put in park first".

Mine (power gear) the level light is GREEN. and a bit different in appearance.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #6

Ok so heard back from equalizer systems and it turns out the light in the middle means that our auto level sensor has failed. I guess that's why I had never seen that light before. We will be passing through Indiana shortly so we will be able to pick up the part and be back in business soon.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad you found that out. We have the same system and was not even aware there is a light there. It's not mentioned in any of the owner manuals either.

I found Equalizer to be very helpful when I had a problem - busted a jack foot plate once on a hidden rock. They sent the part and walked me through how to swap it out.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #8

Near same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrypm View Post
We have a 2003 travel supreme select with an equalizer systems auto level. A red light has come on in the middle of the control panel and now the jacks won't go down. When I press the auto level button or push the individual jack down buttons it just beeps at me. When I press all retract or any of the up buttons you can hear it work. I have been looking at the manuals online and I can't find the correct manual for our system or a difinitive answer as to what this light is indicating. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachment 19346
I have trouble with the same system except I don't have the red light in the center of the panel lighting up, but when I removed the control panel from the mount there is a red LED blinking down on the bottom circuit board. My jacks retracted but will not extend with the auto level button nor the indiviudal extend buttons. Has anyone had this problem? What department at Equalizer did you work with? So far they haven't been any help for me, I've found out more and better information on the web.

Thanks
carterd
Old 05-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterd View Post
I have trouble with the same system except I don't have the red light in the center of the panel lighting up, but when I removed the control panel from the mount there is a red LED blinking down on the bottom circuit board. My jacks retracted but will not extend with the auto level button nor the indiviudal extend buttons. Has anyone had this problem? What department at Equalizer did you work with? So far they haven't been any help for me, I've found out more and better information on the web.

Thanks
carterd
Yeah mine was doing the exact same thing they would not go down individually or with the auto level. The manuals for the system are horrible! They are very vague and since there are no pictures depicting what the lights mean I couldn't even try to troubleshoot. I spoke with the service department at equalizer if I remember correctly. They tried running through a few different things with me. None of which worked so they said it was my sensor that was bad, which is about $170. I was planning on replacing the sensor but decided to check it out first. I crawled into the cargo area and found the sensor. It was attached right in the middle of the rv to the roof of the cargo area right next to the main chassis beam. There is a cable running to it with a quick connect so i disconnected it and reconnected it and voila we had jacks again! Ours was just a loose connection, so I would check that out first. Hope that works for you
Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #10

Thumbs up Equilizer level system controller

You are right the manuals are terrible. I also contacted Equilzer. According to them the control unit like yours and mine are obsolete, according to the PN, and the updated one is $978. They will send you a manual on how to install it and update it for the new unit so yo can read it before buying or you can buy through a dealer? and they will do that for you, but I don't know the cost of that yet. They do have a department that will test the unit for you, which they can test in just a minute or two and know if it is good. They have a few times had to send units to the control manufacture for further testing, that cost is $90. Equilizer must be a simple, quick test, I have sent mine back for testing and will go from there, should know this week. I did find the level sensor after sending the control unit back. I will surely try that if the unit checks ok, if not looks to be out some money. I surely let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #11

I had similiar problems with a 2005 - everything worked but seemed to be weak and wouldn't lift. Just palnted the jacks and wouldn't lift - even using manual. I sent in the electornics and had them tested for the $90...they were fine. A tech helped me on the phone a lot - great service and help. Ended up replacing the pump for about $500. Took me about an hour to replace as one hole didn't line up and I had to re-drill a hole - worked fine after that. If you do put in a new pump - make sure you are carefull with the O-ring seals. Make sure you read the manuals as there is good infromation in them. The middle light is the sensor.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #12

By the way - the biggest thing the tech will have you check is to make sure the pump and everything is grounded properly. I ran a single ground wire from the pump to a good solid ground.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #13

Update on my control panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterd View Post
You are right the manuals are terrible. I also contacted Equilzer. According to them the control unit like yours and mine are obsolete, according to the PN, and the updated one is $978. They will send you a manual on how to install it and update it for the new unit so yo can read it before buying or you can buy through a dealer? and they will do that for you, but I don't know the cost of that yet. They do have a department that will test the unit for you, which they can test in just a minute or two and know if it is good. They have a few times had to send units to the control manufacture for further testing, that cost is $90. Equilizer must be a simple, quick test, I have sent mine back for testing and will go from there, should know this week. I did find the level sensor after sending the control unit back. I will surely try that if the unit checks ok, if not looks to be out some money. I surely let you know how it turns out.
Received word from Equilzer, my control panel was repaired by the manufacture, Touch Tronics thru Equilzer, new version was not availble. Cost $479+freight, same as new version. After the fact and not until I asked no quote was offered, no failure reason given and of course all kinds of "sorry". Flailure was determined to be corrision from moisture on the main cirucit board?