Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #1

Auto Park

This week end I leveled up my 94 Winnebago Vectra using the jet air ride in manual mode (worked great)then I released the brake and moved it forward so that I could mow where it had been sitting. When I backed it up a light on the dash came on that says "Auto Park" I stepped on the parking brake and released it a couple of times but the light stays on. I noticed that when I step on the parking break that it did not feel really tight. Can anyone help or advise?
Flyflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First - block the wheels - you probably don't have a parking brake working. Search this site for 'Auto park' and go to Oemy's Web Site - Tech Tips for good info as well. To start, check the brake fluid (usually near the drive shaft just aft of the xmission). Mine uses ATF fluid - check to see what you need prior to adding fluid. When Auto park works, it works well. Any indication of Auto park error or leaking needs to be fixed ASAP or bad things can happen.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
If it will drive forward, but the light and brake come on in reverse, your linkage is out of adjustment. If you have problems when going forward, there are a lot of things that could be wrong. If it is only in reverse, the linkage needs to be lined up.there are two 1/4 in. holes in the linkage plates that you line up so a drill bit can go thru them. these are at the bottom of the steering column, underneath the motrhome.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #4

Auto Park

Well, I am beginning to hate the idea of Auto Park. My light stays on but the MH moves both forward and in reverse. I have read blogs and information until the cows come home and still know very little. Even our local RV dealer know very little about it. My next step is a local truck repair service. A lot of what I have read points to the Rotten Green Switch, I have checked the Power Steering Fluid....Full. I have applied the brakes in all gears...I have stepped on and release the foot brake over and over....and yes it feels way too slack...the neighbor and I may attempt to adjust it, but fears that this will lock up the brake bother me.
What would you do?
Ron Smith
Flyflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Flyflicker:

oldusedbear is usually the go-to guy on this forum for Autopark problems. Also, here is a link to a thread that has some diagrams that may help you.

Good Luck!
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote