Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #1

Auto Park Brake Help Needed!

I have a 2000 Winnebago 35C with J71 auto-park version III. The RV is setting in my driveway with the auto-park brake on. The RGS didn't show any signs of leaking but I replaced it with the spare that didn't work.
Next I pulled the pump relay, the plug looked like it had grease or tar in it so I cleaned it with brake cleaner. I jumped the plug and the pump ran. I replaced the pump relay with a new relay even though the old relay energized when I tested it. Next I checked the pump relay plug and there isn't power going to the plug, ( I know I did that backwards). Anyone have an idea how I can get my paper weight moving again?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I have a 36' 1997 Dolphin M.H. which has a Auto Park Brake their was a time when the dash light came on and to make a long story short the problem was a bad switch that went into the pump.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #3

The EXPERT on all things related to the AutoPark is Roger who provides FREE help via email to : oldusedbear11@charter.net
gruelens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruelens View Post
The EXPERT on all things related to the AutoPark is Roger who provides FREE help via email to : oldusedbear11@charter.net
X2!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

I emailed oldusedbear three days ago at both email addresses but have yet to receive a reply.

Today I installed Brazels pressure switches and still have locked brakes. Seems to be an electrical problem.

Next I'll order Workhorse shop manuals and use the wiring diagram to hopefully find the problem.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #6

While you are awaiting manuals browse the ARCHIVES here for problems and solutions. The AutoPark has lotsa history.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #7

Theoldusedbear stepped me through a troubleshooting process, the problem was a blown 10 amp fuse. Roger is GOOOOD! He really knows his stuff. Can not thank you enough Roger.

Tags
brake