Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Aux battery not charging

Everyone,

I'm out at the camp site and I come back from the fireworks and ki aux battery is completely dead. No pump, no lights. Main battery has plenty of power but aux is totally dead. Been plugged in all day, thoughts where to begin in the morning? Shore power outlet all work, tv's, fridge, phone chargers. But it isn't charging my house battery.

Thanks in advance!
Jeremiah

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #2

Check the circuit breaker/fuse between the aux battery and your converter/battery charger. If you have a battery disconnect, check that its not in the disconnect position by accident. If you have an electrical disconnect relay, check that it pulls in and releases. if you have a volt meter, look at goes in and goes out voltages for all these things, and oh, give a good tug on your battery cables, just to see that they are swaged into the connectors.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Check the circuit breaker/fuse between the aux battery and your converter/battery charger. If you have a battery disconnect, check that its not in the disconnect position by accident. If you have an electrical disconnect relay, check that it pulls in and releases. if you have a volt meter, look at goes in and goes out voltages for all these things, and oh, give a good tug on your battery cables, just to see that they are swaged into the connectors.

Starsekr has a very good point. First thing to do is make sure the electrical disconnect was not accidentally turned off. Then the mechanical one. After that take a volt meter and make sure the batteries are not actually dead. Then check the ckt breaker to the inverter/charger or whatever you have that charges the coach batteries.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #4

Your converter is powered from gen purpose 1 breaker , the output of the converter (13.6v) goes to the BCC (battery control center) Mine is under the hood on the drivers side. Inside is the aux connect and disconnect relay. The output goes to your aux battery. My converter is under my fridge.
3wheeljunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Hi There,
Mine did the same thing to me last month and the tech I called told me to check the GFI recepticals in the bathroom sink and Kitchen areas to see if they may have tripped. I found that the bathroom sink GFI was tripped and reset it and that fixed my power problem. I hope it will fix yours too.
Richard
Old 07-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So, just to update everyone. I had went to bed that night with the battery all but dead. I shut everything off, all gas, everything and when I work up in the morning, turned everything back on and all was good. Not sure if something with tripped and setup incorrectly, but I didn't do anything earlier that day, but we had a new person staying in our MH (my 6 year old niece) and she may have flipped a switch she shouldn't have. The other 2 days out camping didn't have any issues, so I'm not sure what happened. Going to keep an eye on it and take a battery charger with me the next couple trips...

Tags
battery, charging