Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Auxiliary Power Solenoid

I have a 2004 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager 37 ft. Would not start this morning due to dead battery. I tried to start with auxiliary battery switch but nothing. I checked the M H batteries and they were fine. I checked all the fuse panels and could not find any bad fuses. I tried to locate the Auxiliary Power solenoid but could not find it. Any one know where it is located on this motor home.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Battery Control Center
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Where is the battery control center. If it is in the front compartment on the drivers side I have looked there and I see a solenoid. But this solenoid is powered when you turn the key on. I found two fuses that is for the auxiliary power but both were OK. I would think there should be a solenoid that energized when you push the auxiliary power button on the dash. But I hear nothing, no click. Also the engine battery is not being charged with the converter. I keep this motor home plugged in all the time.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:39 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
The Batter Control Center is the black square box with fuses and wiring connections in side it. Below the board are a couple of solenoids. I am not sure but your coach may not charge the chassis battery off of the converter or inverter. This would require a charging system designed to do that function. You could add a batter tender or similar free standing charger to keep the chassis battery charged.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found fuses under the hood, in the front compartment on drivers side but no box with solenoids in it or under it. I found the one solenoid but it is active when you turn the key on. I don't any others. If anyone has a wiring diagram please look at it for me and see if you can direct me to the solenoid for the auxiliary power switch.

Tags
power, solenoid