Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #1

AWNING

My awning works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It's a Domestic/ WeatherPro. I can't find a pattern that it is malfunctioning just sometime when the wind speed is set at 12mph with no wind it retracts. Sometime the speed lights will run from 12mph to 24mph continuously. I can't figure out how to turn it off, there is no visible switch. Also I can't find a wind speed censer on the roof. My coach is a 2011 Fleetwood Discovery. ps. there is no remote control. Any one have any ideals?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 06:26 PM   #2

I have a WeatherPro on my 2009 Fleetwood Southwind. When we are in hot weather, when the awning is most useful, it will intermittently retract, regardless of the setting on the awning control. My wind sensor is located on the top of the forward awning arm, near the distal end. Domestic sells a shiny decal to stick on top of the sensor to keep direct sun from heating it, but when I tried to order the shipping was absurdly high. So, I used some aluminum foil to make a 2-inch square shade, which I stick on top of the sensor with a bit of tape wrapped on itself. It works better, but still retracts sometimes automatically, but less often. I never have had the magic retraction in cooler temperatures. Hope this helps.

2009 Fleetwood Southwind

Celerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There should be an on / off switch on the main control box, the should be mounted in a cabinet near the door?
I have one of these my 05 Southwind.
They are very poor awnings and I'm on my 3rd one due to retraction failure or water dumping.
I guarantee my next Motorhome will not have one of these on it.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:13 PM   #4

Awning problem

Problem fixed...Taped tin foil to the top of wind sensor and it stopped retracting. I'm parked in the desert at Leasburg State Park, NM and it's pretty hot out in the sun...Thanks!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #5

Great. Hope that the solution continues working. Wish I was there in NM!

2009 Fleetwood Southwind
Celerator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning