Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2016, 09:12 PM   #1
pjb

Awning Repair

I have repaired my over-the-door Oasis awning with the new drive assembly. The arms have been attached to the main housing, motor wired, and when retracting it does not fold in completely. The arms fold in as far as the hinges allow, but it does not completely close. I tried to change direction on the roller, but no difference. Is there a sequencing deal with these arms? I am puzzled.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2016, 04:34 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You may have to add a turn of fabric on the tube to get full closure. Good luck and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
pjb

Awning Repair

Today the wife and I attacked the entry door awning re-install to try and figure out why it did not roll in correctly and the arms fold in completely. We installed the material into the groove of the roller and turned in a couple of revs on the roller of the fabric prior to installing the mounting assembly arms to the unit. Pressed the retract button and the arms closed as before, jamming before allowing the awning to close completely. I wondered if maybe when the awning shot out when the drive assembly failed that the outboard mounting assemblies had moved. Looked at the two outboard mounts and one of the nuts on the one arm was loose, allowing it to move, the other side was tight. I adjusted both sides equally by measuring the lockdown spot of each arm, moving both in or out in the track an inch or so at a time. The awning did close better but not completely. I noticed on one side the lockdown and nut had a screw in the travel pattern of the arm. So I left that nut loose and tried to retract again. The damn thing closed, but was a little rough. Opening the awning worked, but also a little rough. A few more adjustments and decided to leave the one nut where the screw was at a little loose to limit the travel, and tightened the other one. The nuts have plastic inserts, so they will stay in place. The awning does operate, extending and retracting pretty well. May not be correct, but the final adjustment allows it to work. If you are looking at the awning assembly this may make sense.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:47 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
pjb, I understand what you are saying. Adjusting this awning has always been tricky and a little dry silicone spray goes a long way in the supplication. Glad you got it working.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, repair