Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 PM   #1

AXXERA AV614BH monitor with dual mirror technology

Im not having any luck displaying our Samsung Galaxy S7 Android phone display on our Axxera display monitor. We have a 2016 Thor Challenger. The monitor is capable of mirroring the display on the phone such as Google Maps etc.
When I select the dual mirror option on the touch screen I get a No Device Connected message even though Im plugged into my phone and both the HDMI and USB ports, which are located to the left of the display.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Unhappy My understanding

In my understanding and research, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (which I have), no longer offer HDMI support because the new trend is wireless screen mirroring via MirrorCast/Chromecast. I am not sure if there is a way to get this to work in the traditional plug in way. I sure hope so, because I would love for my phone to work with the new RV we just purchased.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roada View Post
Im not having any luck displaying our Samsung Galaxy S7 Android phone display on our Axxera display monitor. We have a 2016 Thor Challenger. The monitor is capable of mirroring the display on the phone such as Google Maps etc.
When I select the dual mirror option on the touch screen I get a No Device Connected message even though Im plugged into my phone and both the HDMI and USB ports, which are located to the left of the display.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Hello Roada, if you go down to the Manufacture section and click the Thor section you can get more assistance with this question.

On my 15 Challenger, our first Axxera did not work, the dealer replaced it with a new unit and when I plug in both HDMI and USB (on dash) it just comes on.

KC
Old 05-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I think I found the solution from Crutchfield.

Dual DMH25 Wi-FiĀ® Dongle Mirror your smartphone's screen with compatible Dual and Axxera receivers at Crutchfield.com
Old 08-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #5

I am using the Dual DMH25, as suggested above, and it works good with my S6 phone. Now I can see my smartphone GPS picture on the stereo screen. The module plugs into the HDMI port on my dash; and I power the DMH25 with the USB port on the dash labeled "USB Charger".

Hope this helps you or someone else with similar question.