Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had -12 degrees this morning, high was -3 degrees today. One thing good about it no gnats or mosquitoes to pester you. Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes it is cold, but how many people are in there MH. We are, here in Indiana it is 13 degrees right now. Got down to 5 degrees last night. My water line froze. Had to put a second 100 watt bulb in the water pump compartment. Finally thawed out, after 4 hours with (2) 100 watt bulbs. I also have an extend a stay propane adapter. A 20 pound BBQ tank only lasts 4 days in this weather, they usually last about a week, then I have to exchange it for a full one at Walmart for $17.82. I use my onboard tank as a back up if I am going to be staying somewhere for more than one week.

I go where my work is so I don't have a choice. One more week here then to Kansas City for a week then Paducah, Kentucky for a week. It is going to be a cold winter for me.

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #17

Here in Ottawa Ontario, the Nation's capital, it is -29 Celsius (or -20 Fahrenheit)...
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we are formally (as of Dec 2012) from Harrisburg PA...we are now enjoying the 68 degree high temperature in new port richey, Florida!! Don't miss the windchill or frozen pipes!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #19

In Chibougameau Quebec today temperature reached -42 Celsius (-40 is where the two scales meet, so very close to -42 F.) And this is not including the wind chill factor! Now wonder so many Quebec residents go south...
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #20

Yikes that is cold. Could not imagine that being a Georgia resident. Stay close to the fire.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan DeBruin View Post
They keep saying we are going to get some of that lake effect snow here in Rochester but none so far. It is cold and windy. The bands of snow are just staying out on the lake for right now.
That is because we got it all here in Oswego! There is something wrong when it is colder outside than it is in my chest freezer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	32558  
vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
In Chibougameau Quebec today temperature reached -42 Celsius (-40 is where the two scales meet, so very close to -42 F.) And this is not including the wind chill factor! Now wonder so many Quebec residents go south...
Holy Cow! I can't even imagine. How do you function?? It's in the 60s in FL, and I'm chilly.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
It was -15 when I got in the truck to go to work this morning. They are forecasting a high of -4 today. Gotta love Minnesota! Can't wait for my FL trip leaving March 1st for 20 days.
DW is from Duluth, says she doesn't miss it at all!! Been there in Feb and stood at the harbor wall with the lake effects wind coming at me.

It's down to 34 and raining right now which is the predicted low for tonight.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #24

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
Yes it is cold, but how many people are in there MH. We are, here in Indiana it is 13 degrees right now. Got down to 5 degrees last night. My water line froze. Had to put a second 100 watt bulb in the water pump compartment. Finally thawed out, after 4 hours with (2) 100 watt bulbs. I also have an extend a stay propane adapter. A 20 pound BBQ tank only lasts 4 days in this weather, they usually last about a week, then I have to exchange it for a full one at Walmart for $17.82. I use my onboard tank as a back up if I am going to be staying somewhere for more than one week.

I go where my work is so I don't have a choice. One more week here then to Kansas City for a week then Paducah, Kentucky for a week. It is going to be a cold winter for me.
You do realize that those exchange tanks have less than a full fill in them even though they are 5 gallon tanks don't you? Very expensive way to get propane. Read the label on the tank or display, they should contain 22 lbs of propane and they actually have between 17 and 18 lbs.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes , I know. It is true with all propane tanks. My 24 gallon on board tank when empty will only fill to 18 gallons. They all only fill to 80-85 percent of full. I think it has to do with expansion if the temperature changes. A BBQ tank size propane bottle only holds about 4-4 1/2 gallons of propane.

I work all day, I don,t have time to drive the MH to a place to fill the on board tank. I will fill it back up when traveling between jobs. I pay around $3 a gallon at flying J and just over $4 a gallon at Walmart for a tank exchange.

For me, its the price it is when winter RVing. During the summer I only go through 18-27 gallons all all summer.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #26

It was a cold walk from the train to the office this morning in Philly. I think it was 12 degrees with a killer windchill.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #27

Agree with the MN, Wi and North weather the last few days. It is Jan. so we expect cold, end of March better get nice. Want to get MH out and start life again. Have fun all!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If it doesn't warm up soon, its going to get awlfully crowded here in florida.