Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #1

Back heat vents 2002 endeavor

Unable to find any information why the back three floor heat vents do not work. If I blow a fan into any of them the air movement does blow out the other two vents. When the furnace come on there is no air movement. I have slide out under the kitchen sink where the furnace is located. I only see three air ducts that move the air. Two under the kitchen area and one to the J couch up front also on the same slide. Talked to couple HR dealers and they do not have answer. I believe it should be hooked up to the furance but do not see how! Any suggestions can help. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have a 2003 Endeavor and the 3 back vents are fed by my second furnace. Not the one under the kitchen sink. I have a second furnace on the street side under the Fridge. This gives the 2 zone heating like the air conditioning.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

At least that is the way mine appears to be and was shown to me thx
Old 10-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

The 2003 Endeavor that we used to have also had two heating systems, zone 1 & zone 2. Some times zone 2 was a pain to get fired up, but when both were on, we had plenty of heat.
Do you have the manual for the MH, and if so it should tell you where the second heater is located.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #5

Thank you for your inputs. There is zone 1 and 2 on the thermostat. When I selected zone 2 for furnace nothing ever happens so it must have problem. I never saw or notice second furnace under the fridge. First time I will be using the bus in colder weather. Will follow up on this thread later.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
epj

How big is your Endeavor? Our 2002 36' only has one furnace. There are two zones for AC, but only zone 1 for heat.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #7

Ours is 38 ft. Checked manual, no mention second furnace other than AC heat pumps. I am going to look under the fridge later on.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #8

If you have a second furnace, you should see the exhaust outside the coach. A walk around the coach should answer the question.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #9

Okay, found the second under fridge. Now I have to find out why it will not work. I have set the temperature on the second unit up high. No fan kicking in etc. Will find out later after I check for power etc. Funny it never mention the furnace under the fridge in the manual! Always thought the vent underneath was for the fridge and the outside vent was for the Propane outlet for the fridge.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #10

to operate the second furnace, you have to put thermostat on zone 2, then it will appear as an option. it wont show up or work if zone 1 is on anything other that off or furnace.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #11

Okay, I did what everyone suggested. Thanks. After some measurements I found that the +12vdc was not coming through on the wires from the thermostat. Looking at the schematics it shows the electronic controls on the wall that control zone 1 & 2 go to the AC in the ceiling. From there it goes to furnace in the kitchen area and it shows has option another hook up, maybe second furnace. So rather keep tracing the wires back without knowing where they are hooked up in the AC I just bypass that control. Put in parallel another thermostat from the +12 that goes to the furnace and the white wire that suppose too come from controller. All works well now. I just adjust that thermostat for the floor vents when needed. Cheers everyone!!.

Tags
heat, holiday rambler, vent