Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #1

Back Up Camera Not Working VR 187

My back up camera is not working. It's a Jensen VR 187. The monitor will not come out. The radio part works. Any ideas ? Thanks.....Ron (I'm told the reset button on it is only for radio)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like a blown fuse or loose wire.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #3

I had lots of problems with my VR 187. Jensen does not sell them any more. I did just buy a new one for like 150 bucks. They are now branded
as Innvotec. See my post under the National RV forums for details. The new one plugged into the existing wires and is working great camera and all.
MBMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMyers View Post
I had lots of problems with my VR 187. Jensen does not sell them any more. I did just buy a new one for like 150 bucks. They are now branded
as Innvotec. See my post under the National RV forums for details. The new one plugged into the existing wires and is working great camera and all.
Thanks. Cannot locate National RV forums however. Ron
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Sounds like a blown fuse or loose wire.
Fuse ok cause radio works. Maybe a wire ? Strange
Old 07-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMyers View Post
Also Mb.....do you have a link to the Innvotec one ? Again thanks Ron
Old 07-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #7

VR 187

Ron, I don't have a link to Innvotec. I recently purchased it on-line. The posting I made was on the national Rv forum. On the Irv2 homepage you
click on OWNERS FORUMS" than on national. I'm trying to remember the name of the website I bought it from. Do you still need one? If so I can
check my credit cards for the billing.

Mike
MBMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #8

Need help...we have 2009 Class A Gulfstream, our Jensen VR 187 was hit by lightning and it blew out the radio. The back up camera still works, as of now. After researching we found out the VR 187 is no longer available. We called the tech support for Jensen(ASA Electronics) and were told the VX 7020 would be the best replacement. The problem is the back up camera connections do not match. We've been told by several radio shop techs that we need to run all new wiring through our rig. Has anyone replaced their VR 187 and if so with what unit?
woodyspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #9
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras, the Advent brand of appliances and the new JENSEN In-Command RV control system. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction.

The VR187 can be replaced with our just released JRV9000 Touchscreen Navigation/Observation/Multimedia System. The JRV9000R supports three cameras that can use the existing cameras and camera cables. There are a few things to keep in mind. First, the VR187 is a 1.8 DIN sized radio, whereas all current systems over the last 8 years utilize a 2.0 DIN size radio. This means your dash may need to be slightly enlarged vertically. In addition, the radio wire harness will need swapped. Your dealer can assist with this type of work.

The other consideration is that if your current system has one of our motorized tilt rear cameras, you will need an adapter (p/n 31100040) as the new systems do not use tilt function cameras.

Feel free to call back to our Tech Services dept. if you have any questions or need ordering assistance. They can be reached on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM till 6:00 PM EDT.

Tags
camera