Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Back up camera video out

I just started up the MH after taking it out of winter storage and all is good except the back up camera. The audio fine but no video signal. The screen just lights up but is snowy as if there is no video signal. Does anyone have any ideas where to start? eg is there a fuse or bulb or something else to check?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

2005 National Seabreeze 34

John Stott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
If the screen lights up then it's not the fuse. Sounds like a loose connection. Check and see if the harness to the camera is tight.

Brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What brand and model?

Mine has a switch to select another camera if available and will go blank if I select the wrong one. Also mine has a dial to adjust intensity which has gotten moved while cleaning the dash area.

I assume the camera is still there..........
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
If you have a Jensen brand, look for the reset button. Mine is near the top right of the volume dial. Press it for a few seconds. That works when my unit stops. Hope this helps.
Paul and Mary Beth
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39Ft
stegosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
Country Coach Owners Club
Since you have audio, check the video connection at the back of the monitor.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Fleetwood Owners Club
X2 on the monitor. We had the same problem with ours and it turned out to be a loose wire on the back of the monitor.
cappelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
Thanks for the good advice everyone. I now know where to look.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
Sorry the system is a WEKDEX WDRV -3067 (camera is a WDRV - 7063B) QUESTION: - Is there a fuse or reset switch? I havent removed the camera and tried to connect it directly to the monitor yet (to see if it is the capble) because that involves unsealing it which I would rather not do.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #9

I'd think if it were a fuse or reset switch you would not have static or sound - but that's a pure guess.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When that happened to me a dozen years ago, I discovered someone had stolen the camera off the back of the coach in the storage yard!
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Read my blog at http://xctraveler.blogspot.com/ AKA RVM86
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Tiffin Owners Club
This happened to us several times. First time, the camera itself was bad...replaced it. Second time, the connector to the camera had vibrated loose...tightened and worked fine. Third time, squirrel ate the cable. Fixed that, then the monitor died. Replace all three cameras plus the monitor with new color unit.

So, remove the camera and check for cable tightness and continuity. Don't worry about breaking the seal, just when you get it working again, put a little bead of silicone on it and the seal will be fine.

lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Had a house TV that sat unused for a month several years ago. When tried to use it all had was snow. Repairman told me nothing wrong that it just was damp inside from humidity and to leave it on to dry out. Started working with in a few hours. On my 5er to truck connection I some times have to clean corrosion off receptacle to get a working picture.
RVhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #13
I know what happened to it. I just got my motorhome back from the dealer after some warranty work and my camera now has an A and B input. Before it went in, I only had an A input and B input was blank. I take PayPal if you want it back.

All kidding aside, reseat all the connectors you can get to a couple of times. If no work was done on you MH, that is the most likely problem.

2004 32' National Sea Breeze 1311 Class A on a F-53 Chassis, CHF, TST TPMS, 5Star Tune.
If Dunner (RVM23) can't fix it, it ain't broke!
Cheap Handling Fix Poll. Click Here to vote?
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote