Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #1

Back up Monitor Power

Hi All, First time post, we have a Newmar Kountry Star 2006 gas, the back up monitor lost power recently (indicated by the red power light not being lit and of course no screen image) i have found the fuse in the panel under the dash under a pop off panel, and even though the old fuse seemed OK i replaced it, but still no power. What should i do next?
We are currently wintering in Mansfield TX. I took the rig out for a spin to get it inspected recently and noticed this problem.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2016, 09:19 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
There is another fuse panel somewhere. Pull out the electrical schematics and chase down the other fuse.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #3

OK Thanks, i dont have the schematic but i see from other threads that i should be able to get some help directly from Newmar. I will call Monday.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #4

Back-up Monitor power

Newmar sent me a bunch of drawings but nothing that makes it clear to me what to do...it seems that all the fuses on one side of the fuse board have no power, so i assume one of the larger components on the left side of the board, need to be replaced. Do these larger "black box" components pull off the board? or how are they replaced?
We have a W22 workhorse chassis.
I have attached a picture of the fuse board which is located under the dash and above the steering column.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Dash Fuse.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	118592  
Old 07-13-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2010 View Post
Newmar sent me a bunch of drawings but nothing that makes it clear to me what to do...it seems that all the fuses on one side of the fuse board have no power, so i assume one of the larger components on the left side of the board, need to be replaced. Do these larger "black box" components pull off the board? or how are they replaced?
We have a W22 workhorse chassis.
I have attached a picture of the fuse board which is located under the dash and above the steering column.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
I am trying to solve a similar problem on a 2006 Fleetwood Flair: no power to the monitor. Can't find the fuse that controls it. Did you have any success?
Old 07-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #6

Its resolved, I ended up taking it to a workhorse/chevy dealer who had an RV repair department, the mechanic was supposed to be good with "electrical". After my interactions with him i believe he was pretty good, he also got the schematics from Newmar and spent time on the phone with them.
The board in the picture above in this chain, was missing power to half the components. He never found another fuse, and could not find out why we had no power, he ended up running a new wire to power the "half" board. He incidentally discovered some other electrical problems, involving the battery and lack of proper charging. He spent 4 diagnostic hours on this at 110/hr.
Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2010 View Post
Its resolved, I ended up taking it to a workhorse/chevy dealer who had an RV repair department, the mechanic was supposed to be good with "electrical". After my interactions with him i believe he was pretty good, he also got the schematics from Newmar and spent time on the phone with them.
The board in the picture above in this chain, was missing power to half the components. He never found another fuse, and could not find out why we had no power, he ended up running a new wire to power the "half" board. He incidentally discovered some other electrical problems, involving the battery and lack of proper charging. He spent 4 diagnostic hours on this at 110/hr.
Good Luck!
thanks...In researching this issue, I have only found people who solved it by running new power...seems to be the way to solve it. My guess is that there is something buried in the dash harness that is causing the problem. But if your mech didn't find it, I am sure I never will! Thanks for your confirmation. Guess I will start looking for a way to run a new power lead.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my coach the main circuit board (Monaco calls it a "front distribution panel") contains several small buses. Each gets its power either directly from a battery (chassis or house), or through a relay. If I found a set of fuses on a bus that did not work, I'd immediately suspect a failed relay. They look like the black "cubes" in post #4, and usually plug into the circuit board, like a fuse.

Often, people will swap a "known good" relay for a possible failed relay as a troubleshooting technique. This has its potential problems, but in a pinch can work. Having a spare relay helps.

In my opinion, it's better to replace a relay than to run a new power lead. That keeps the wiring as the factory built it.

An accurate wiring diagram is a big help in troubleshooting these problems.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #9

Weldex Power Supply Fuse location

it is a special day for sure...I finally found the cause of "no power" to the monitor!! There is a 3 amp fuse in the "chassis fuse box" (which, in my case is located above the propane tank...although the Fleetwood owners manual says it is on the firewall) which is labeled "ignition". This fuse, which was blown, controls the power to the monitor. Replaced the fuse and the monitor works!! Absolutely NO WHERE in the Fleetwood documentation nor in the Weldex docs is there any mention of this fuse. I called Fleetwood several days ago and they sent me a schematic, which simply showed the wires from the monitor going into a "dash harness". Nothing about a fuse in the "chassis fuse box."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160716_120548.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	133222   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160716_120427.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	133223  

Tags
power