Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Backup Camera

The rear view camera on our new coach shows only the toad and can not be tilted up physically or electronically. Our last coach, 2011 Tradition, showed enough area behind and to both sides of the toad letting you change lanes safely. Sony no longer makes that camera. Does anyone have a 2013 or 2014 coach that shows more of a wide angle view.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear camera.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	56939  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #2

Same thing with ours. I don't know why they don't install a wide angle camera where you can see more of what's behind you. Ours is adjustable, but if I tilt it up so I can see traffic behind me then I cannot see my bumper.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Our 2012 Eagle rear camera failed under warranty. The camera they replaced it with is 100 times better. I can see bumper and traffic behind toad. Way better than original, not sure what they replaced it with
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog View Post
Our 2012 Eagle rear camera failed under warranty. The camera they replaced it with is 100 times better. I can see bumper and traffic behind toad. Way better than original, not sure what they replaced it with
I'm jealous
Old 02-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you want a hard wire quality camera that adjusts up and down, and also pans left and right 180 degrees, you need the Total Vision RV Camera System. Comes with 7 inch color monitor. The monitor will handle up to 6 cameras. Check out the website. Scroll down near the bottom and you'll see my Damon Outlaw.I put the original factory fixed stationary camera in the garage so I can keep an eye on my Harley.
Total Vision Products:
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
If you want a hard wire quality camera that adjusts up and down, and also pans left and right 180 degrees, you need the Total Vision RV Camera System. Comes with 7 inch color monitor. The monitor will handle up to 6 cameras. Check out the website. Scroll down near the bottom and you'll see my Damon Outlaw.I put the original factory fixed stationary camera in the garage so I can keep an eye on my Harley. Total Vision Products:
That is sweet.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Who did your warranty repair?
Old 02-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
Who did your warranty repair?
We went to Decatur,In. Fleetwood Repair Center. I can't say enough about they're extraordinary attention to detail. Also the new camera has a wider field of vision as well as depth.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:30 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We went to Decatur,In. Fleetwood Repair Center. I can't say enough about they're extraordinary attention to detail. Also the new camera has a wider field of vision as well as depth.
Would it be a lot of trouble to contact them for a brand and model number. I have been asking them for help with zero results. River Bend seems to be giving them little support.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our system is Black and White, I was wondering if you change the Camera and Monitor to color can you use the same wires.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pacello View Post
Our system is Black and White, I was wondering if you change the Camera and Monitor to color can you use the same wires.

Thanks
It's possible, but more likely not. If you could find the adapters to go from the new camera & monitor to the cable it might work, but still not likely.

Tags
camera