Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2016, 08:12 PM   #15

barmcd
Ancira near MHSRV has closed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #16

i had some leaks on london aire and we tried the up brand from target or wall mart the kitchen counter bleach cleaner and sprayed it on areas and used a stiff bruch and then a towel to dry and doing small areas at a time as im old...wow that was a long sentence...it worked very good on the carpet material on my ceiling. could hardly tell the spot was there pr actually couldn't unless you actually knew it/ im sure other brands of bleach cleaner would work , just what we had/ jeff

Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjac69 View Post
@ Gannet @twogypsies I purchased this coach less than 3 weeks ago, these leaks didn't just develop. When I did purchase there had been a dry spell for several weeks. This post is basically to let anyone who is considering buying a used coach know of the possible ramifications and to be diligent in the process. I bought this coach at MHSRV so that's where my experience took place. So it has everything to do with me.
And nothing to do with MHSRV.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
Using an inspector that the seller recommends? Did the seller get a kick-back?
Nope. The guy was truly an independent. I would use him again for any service or repairs I may need.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:26 AM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you to all who offered repair tips and advice on how to fix the issue.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:50 AM   #20

Another idea you may want at this point is to have a Seal Tech test done. They over pressurize the interior and spray soapy substance in all the areas it could leak. Had mine done a couple of years ago at an RV Service Center (not a dealer) for $125.00. They found places it could leak I would never have considered. Best money spent on my then 7 year old coach.

Good luck and hope it all works out do you can start enjoying it.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:22 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am also a fan of Eternabond tape. I would plan to spend a day on the roof. Remove all the self-leveling caulk from around the things that penetrate the roof and replace with Eternabond tape. I would use it on the roof to cap (front and rear) seams.

Caulk around your clearance lights. I like ProFlex clear caulk for around windows. Did the inspector note any Issues with your slide room seals. They may need to be replaced.

Sorry for your issues. Water leaks are a PITA. The recommendation to find someone to pressurize the coach and identify areas leaking is a good one.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Another idea you may want at this point is to have a Seal Tech test done. They over pressurize the interior and spray soapy substance in all the areas it could leak. Had mine done a couple of years ago at an RV Service Center (not a dealer) for $125.00. They found places it could leak I would never have considered. Best money spent on my then 7 year old coach.

Good luck and hope it all works out do you can start enjoying it.

Where? I've seen that process used at the Tiffin plant. Seems to work well and as you say an experienced technician should be able to find leaks most of us would never find.
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just curious if MHSRV has offered to help in any way, or if they washed their hands of it.

I think our Dealer was quick to just wash their hands, but with a little push I got some resolve with an AC that was bad a few weeks after purchase that I didn't notice at the PDI.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quite honestly I don't see why you mentioned the dealer by name. MHSRV had a used RV for sale, you had an inspector and inspected it yourself. 3 weeks after purchase you discover leaks, in a 1000 year rain event. How is it MHSRV's fault? Why name them? Buying used is 'Buyer Beware' unless you were purposely deceived. Sorry for your issues, but I don't think you've been wronged.

Now about the inspector.... If not near a rain barn, you can put a fan in a window blowing into the RV. Tape and cardboard to make a seal around the fan. The pressure will be enough to cause bubbles at any leaking point when a hose is applied. Not as good as a rain barn, but can be used to find the kind of leaking you reported.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #25

If you had it surveyed by a good inspector there should be some type of warrantee on the contract you signed with them to do the inspection, I know for a fact with boats there is never had a motorhome inspected / surveyed.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #26

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
If you had it surveyed by a good inspector there should be some type of warrantee on the contract you signed with them to do the inspection, I know for a fact with boats there is never had a motorhome inspected / surveyed.
Sadly most inspectors use legal boiler plate to avoid liability from issues not found in an inspection. They could claim no evidence of leaks, of course inspected in dry weather. Unless they missed an obvious sign or failed to note an issue, they wouldn't be held responsible. I know this is true of home inspections.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
We bought our '04 Southwind from them last year and couldn't be happier.

We hired an independent inspector (Quality Mobile RV) recommended by MHSRV and he did a very thorough job. Cost $400. Gave us a detailed results sheet and we had him fix a few things he found.
I paid for a $400 dollar "inspector" who missed numerous items... I would caution anyone that a paid for inspection is a very hit or miss thing.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #28

Was this motorhome bought off their trade-in lot or the consignment lot?

Tags
purchase