Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
I'm with others. If you connected all the positive terminals together and all the negative, you will only have 6vdc and that's why you don't have any power.

Two of the batteries need to be connected in series (neg of one battery connected the positive of the 2nd battery) and do the same with the other two.

Each set will then provide 12vdc. However, when you then connect the two sets together in parallel (pos to pos and neg to neg), you will still only have 12vdc, but twice the amperage.

Redo your batteries with the connections shown in the diagram above....and I bet that will solve your problem.

Ron, Sandie, and Maggie May
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #16
Please post a picture of your battery installation.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #17
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Check the isolator in the high current plate in the rear of the coach. You can jump the relays easily with battery cables to isolate the problem.
My '01 Monaco Exec fried two isolators, the first due to age...the second as it was not at the rated amps required by Monaco.
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #18
Voltmeter readings please
Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
Originally Posted by lexhansen View Post
I just got off the phone with Gulfstream support and she did say that there are 2 ways to cable the batteries. In series (your diagram), provides the highest voltage and in parallel gives you the higher battery life.

She did not think my above diagnosis was the most likely and she sent me a wiring diagram of my coach. She did say that the most common places to start looking are the transfer switch and fuses back on the side of the rear bed. I am shooting in the dark at this point, so I need to buy a volt meter and go start testing. I'll keep you posted on what I find.

Thanks again to all for your input.
Either you misunderstood the woman, or she did not explain correctly. Follow the wiring diagram exactly, it cannot be misunderstood.
Your coach operates with a 12VDC system, no other voltage will work. It takes two 6VDC batteries to make 12VDC, and they must be wired is series. You have four 6V batteries, and they must be wired like the pdf wiring diagram if you want your coach to have DC power.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #20
After too much being busy with other things that came up, I discovered that, as some have correctly pointed out that my batteries were installed incorrectly. Should have been every other one, positive then negative. Sorry, but I was certain I had put them back exactly as before, but I was totally wrong.

Thanks to your help, my coach is fully powered and all is working terrific.
lexhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #21
Good news and I hope you have a great summer.

Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote