Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I've never had work done here, but heard it was a good shop. You don't say where you live in Southern California....it's a big area.

Final Touch Coach
28532 Livingston Ave
Valencia, Ca.
(661) 775-8375

Wow... not such a big world... or the planets are lining up just right... we're just a couple miles from there right now! Thanks so much for the lead!

2004 Damon Escaper LX400 4194
40' Diesel Pusher
Cummins ISL
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
An excellent paint shop in southern CA is called The Paint Department in Chino, CA.

RV Body & RV Paint | Chino, CA - Southern California

Dr4Film ----- Richard

2002 Monaco Windsor PBT 40Ft. (R HOME) - 30Ft. 2006 Pace Trailer (R JUNK). Trailer Has 06 VUE (R TOWD) 04 Victory Alen Ness Edition (R RYDE). Full-Timer for 14 Yr's BUT now a Part-Timer. Cummins ISC-350 With Banks Power Pack and Upgraded PRXB PacBrake.
Winter Home in Flagler Beach FL - Now Staying in Dansville NY for the Summer.
Dr4Film is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
They were all probably talking about Temecula Valley RV. They get good reviews for both service and collision repairs. Bob, a CC Affinity owner, has had good results with them from the service front.

I've never used them, but we have some road rashes that we will take in for repair after our Alaska run next year. I have them on my list to pay a visit.

Best of luck on your adventure ahead, and so glad you were not hurt. Please let us know how things work out, and any tips you pick up along the way.
Roo II is our 04 Country Coach Allure 40'
OnDRoad for The JRNY! Enjoy life...
Smitty77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #18
Originally Posted by szy View Post
I almost had some knuckle head hit the RV by cutting in front of me - missed him by inches how do people not see a 40 foot plus RV?

Sorry for your experience , now it will be a fight to get things done right
Idiots do it to me in my truck everynight.... And its Alot bigger...

As others, I wish the posters all the luck getting things back to normal.
Monkey, pilot of a Great Dane hauler,
2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Alison 4x4 CrewCab 2016 Cougar 28SGS
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Glad you guys are ok. Everything else is replaceable.
TN Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Thanks from the DW

To everyone who was kind enough to reply to my DH's post, thank you so much for your thoughtful responses! Believe me, I am very grateful that no one was hurt and I do realize that material things can be replaced. With all of your helpful hints and suggestions, I hope that our repair process will be as painless as possible! Again, thank you very much! Safe travels and hope to see you on the road as soon as we're rolling again!
TEEGEE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
Your insurance company may have "Approved" shops that offer a lifetime warranty on the work. It's worth discussing with your agent.

I had body work done at a Progressive approved shop last Fall, and the warranty is life of ownership. Progressive will even stand by it if the shop goes out of business.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Cilrah View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident but sure glad no one was hurt.

I was hit on I-5 August 5th by a boneheaded young fella trying to do a good deed. We are going through the insurance process right now and have an awesome body shop that's going be doing our repairs. Sorry they are in WA. Tons of paint and fiberglass repair needed.

As said, congrats to your wife for holding her own, remind her it's all material stuff that can be fixed. She should be proud of keeping control
Thank you both for your service.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New and Used Ford Dealer in Orange County CA | Fairway Ford serves Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Placentia & Fullerton

Oddly enough when our front cap was torn off by a hapless fellow RV'r in Newport Beach Progressive insurance gave us this Ford dealer as the repair center with the least complaints. Huh? was my reaction. But I checked them out we subsequently used them and were completely satisfied.

That was nine years ago so this is short of a reccomend but if you haven't found a place and are still looking you might just check it out at your pleasure.

Good luck to you and yes if no one was hurt then the rest is fabrication and paint. Hope you find a good shop.
I do all my own stunts
03 Dolphin LX 6355, Workhorse W22, 8.1 vortec, 04 CR-V, Blue Ox, Brake Pro----Norm, Barb and
Doc(He's a PhD)
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #24
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by szy View Post
I almost had some knuckle head hit the RV by cutting in front of me - missed him by inches how do people not see a 40 foot plus RV?

Sorry for your experience , now it will be a fight to get things done right

40 foot plus RV. Heck that's nothing.

Some years ago I used to get "free" train rides,,, Ok, so I had to bring radios and batteries and stuff, But in exchange for doing my communications officer thing I got to ride for free,, Took 3 rides before Norfolk and Southern terminated steam operations. Yes, they were steam engines. This would have been in the late 1980's 1990.

Now, I could have taken more of those rides if I'd have taken more of those rides if I'd have found out about 'em sooner but I did not. Let me tell you how I found out about 'em.

The last trip before I started riding was across Michigan from the Detroit area to the Holland Tulip festival... Some kids figured to beat the train across the crossing. This was a full size 6-2-2-6 Steam Engine, Tender, Water bottle, Mantenance car and several passenger cars Several hundred TONS of engine and tenders, plus the cars Well lit, Screaming whistle, Bells, Noise, Smoke, the whole works.

And these kids thought they'd beat the train.

Suffice to say that for them it was a dead heat.

As for the train.. same engine they met was the one that towed the train I was on. That was one beautiful machine by the way. I miss those old work horses.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #25
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
Another vote for Final Touch RV (finaltouchrv.com) in Valencia. Had them perform both body work and full body paint in a fairly heavily damaged bedroom slide caused by a service shop that pulled out the motorhome with the slide extended catching the concrete wall, involved both outside and inside work with fancy wood replacement. They are an excellent shop and very customer oriented. Promised delivery date was very close to being met and they paid attention to detail.

Second shop you might check is Benchmark RV (benchmarkrv.com) in Sun Valley, Ca.. Have used this shop for chassis and house service and satisfied with their work. Have not used them for the kind of work you're looking for but have talked to another person who did and they were satisfied but no real details.

Good luck and make sure you're satisfied with the end result. Suggest you develop a good relationship with your vendor of choice to make sure the insurance company is providing all the support necessary for a fully recovery on your coach with no corners cut.
2008 Itasca Meridian
2010 Ford Sport Trac
phredsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #26
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Only thought I have is if there is any question about the other guys insurance company, work through your own insurer. They will take care of you and subrogate (collect from the other carrier) you don't need to be involved in that end of it. It should have no impact on your record. one way or the other, you were hit!

You may have to pay your deductible until they can collect it from the other guy.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Read my blog at http://xctraveler.blogspot.com/ AKA RVM86
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad everyone is OK. Make sure that the adjuster leaves the claim open so that any hidden damage can be added on and fixed. Hitting the slide is the scary part.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
The big problem I see these days is people don't have enough insurance coverage. I have a coworker tat was hit by a driver that went to sleep and it broke his back. The person at fault only had $30,000 coverage which was not a drop in a bucket. So if someone hits a Rv your talking $$$$$. As the commercial says on tv minimum cost for minimum coverage it would say don't hit a luxury car or Rv.

2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote