Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
We bought some rolls of regular drawer and cabinet lining at Walmat and use the clear plastic tupperware containers to store the articles. The rubber drawer liners is basically the same material they line tool boi drawerd with and it works very well at a reasonable price and nice appearance.

DaForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
If there is room for things to slide around, you did not bring enough toys.

Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
We have a large slideout tray on on side, the other we use a couple of big plastic bins, one holds our matts and cheap folding chairs. The good recliners stack in. Front of thed. Bins. Some things, folding table, grille stand, colemab lantern, ladder extension, get bungies to the back wall.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
We just finished installing the storage bin sliding drawers in the basement of our 2005 HR Endeavor - 2 Kwikee 90" 2-way's. It was a bit of a job for the 2 of us since they are pretty heavy, but they seem to work well. We got the tolerance on the one drawer too close and had to file a little off on the screw holes to have it slide easily. We are using the clear plastic containers for smaller items and are in the process of getting things organized. We did lose some space from the hardware, but are utilizing it by storing long narrow items in these spaces.
Bob & Gail w/Cesar our Bichon/ShiTzu
39' 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
Toad - Roadmaster dolly towing 2004 Toyota Prius
nuckels11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
One of the first things I did when we took delivery of our coach was to line all of the basement compartment floors (including the two slide outs) with a brownish looking artificial grass kinda carpet with a foam type (non-skid) backing. The floors in my compartments are the white poly corrugated grainy material mentioned in some of earlier posts. I got the brown so it wouldn't show dirt easily. It is not glued or taped in so it can be removed easily and the dirt shaken out of it. The rubber backing keeps it in place.

Hope this helps
2010 40G Discovery, 2003 Matrix Toad
Central KY
tmmk90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
We use alot of the plastic storage bins to keep things from sliding, that being said, some old carpet in a few would probably not hurt anything.
Papa John & Mother Mary 2008 Fleetwood Fiesta LX, 34N
2008 Hyundai Elantra - Toad
Tampa, Florida
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post

I bought interlocking floor padding at Harbor freight. I'm very happy with it.

I have the ones from big lots. same material about the same price per square foot.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MY bays are roto molded plastic with corrugations at about 4 inches. Many item drop into the grooves so sliding is not an issue. Most bins have enough storage boxes that moving around is not an issue. Given the design of the bays I have fitted the curbside bays with closet decking to create a second level for small items.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Read my blog at http://xctraveler.blogspot.com/ AKA RVM86
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
A big "Thanks" to everyone for their response to my question! This is why I love this forum....so many people willing to help out newbies like me! You guys have given me plenty of ideas and I think I will be good to go when I load up the coach and hit the open road.
'99 Monaco LaPalma 36|Ford F53- Triton V-10
MisterJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
It works fine unless you leave the bay door unlocked and take a sharp turn in your storage lot. I found it took quite awhile to pick up all the pieces of my CRT TV that was in that bay. :(
Now why on earth would anyone move their RV with the bay doors open????

2002 35R Southwind, W22 8.1L Vortec UltraPower, 19.5' wheels
Toad: Wrangler, lifted and on 35" tires
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote